Delaware

Hair and Make Up

I'm debating where to have my hair and make up done. 

As you may or maynot know, I am getting married at Mount Harmon Plantation.  The nearest salon/day spa is called Serenity in Chesapeake City.  I've never been there nor have I heard any reviews at all from there (its pretty new.  About a year or so is all they've been open).  Should I go there?  Or should I go to Trilogy where I normally get my hair cut so I know and love them.  But its pretty far away?

Or, I guess option 3, should I just bite the bullet and pay someone to come to me?  The price isn't the issue.  Its the time constraint.  We can only be at our venue 2 hours before the ceremony and I've designated most/all of that to pictures.
September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair and Make Up

• edited December 2011

Are you traveling down to Chesapeake City the day of?  That might be a long and stressful drive... what happens if you get stuck in traffic?  Have you thought about staying somewhere closer to Chesapeake City the night before?  That way you will have more time to get ready... and you can check out some other salons in the area.  There have to be more than just one salon/spa in the Chesapeake City area. 

And that way if you do decide to have someone come to you, you wouldn't have to worry about getting ready running into your picture time. 

ETA: Also--I would cross most in the Maryland board and see what places they suggest.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I saw Serenity's work in a few "fashion" bridal shows.  It was pretty good.  Personally, I would rather relax and have someone come to me so I would suggest calling somone who comes to you and asking them about your time constraints.

• edited December 2011
    If you were right down the road from a million salons (as I was on my wedding day) I would say go to the salon.

BUT, since you are going to be at a more distant location for the wedding itself, I would recommend either them coming to the plantation or to your hotel room early (if you are staying in a hotel).

FYI, most salons do offer travel.  I know Gloss will come to you, and so will Jeremy from Trilogy.  Even if you don't know if they do or not, call and ask, and find out pricing!  Many don't advertise it, or the stylist does it off the record.  If you have a salon that you normally go to, call and ask- you may be surprised to find out your person may be willing to come to you :)

If you need more names, let me know- I have a couple of people tucked up my sleeve :)
  • edited December 2011

Thanks ladies!  The hotel we are staying in is in Middletown (seriously, its the closest hotel!) but I don't know yet if I will be staying there or my FI will and I'll stay at our house in Newark.

I guess I'll put this on a shelf for the time being and come back to it.  I am just certain someone will not be able to come to the venue to do it because of the time constraints.

September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just got my hair and make up done at Serenity Spa in October. I had never been there either (turns out is is partially owned by a girl I went to high school with!) They did a great job! I did go in for a hair trial a few months before but then didn't even book my hair with the same girl. I can't remembe her name now but she was great. Ashley did my makeup. I don't usually wear makeup so I was a bit nervous but she did a great job! I have short hair (almost shoulder length) so only had some curls done and pinned back - it was only $25! Makeup was $55. Not bad!

It will be less stressful to get hair and makeup done nearby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards