New Jersey
Options

Men's Wearhouse - Union, Essex, Somerset, Passaic, and Bergen Counties?

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Men's Wearhouse stores because, similar to David's Bridal, the experience you have all depends on which store you use.  We're going to need tux rentals for guys in Union, Essex, Somerset, Passaic, and Bergen counties. 

Any Men's Wearhouse store recommendations in any of those five counties?  Or any stores you know of in those counties that we should avoid like the plague?

TIA!!

image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Men's Wearhouse - Union, Essex, Somerset, Passaic, and Bergen Counties?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    the totawa store on route 46 was the best for my fiancee....He just went there last week for a wedding he is in next friday and he was in and out in 20mins..... it was a great experience and the guys there was super nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MH and I went to look at the one on 17 South in Paramus, and it was truly terrible.

We wound up at Biltmore Tuxedo in Ridgewood and they were *infinitely* better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MH and his groomsmen used the Mens Wearhouse locations in Woodbridge Center Mall, Route 22 in Union and I believe the one across from Menlo Park Mall. No one had any serious issues other than pieces not fitting when they went to pick them up, but they were able to remedy the situation immediately or the following day (before the wedding).

ETA: Most of the tuxes were returned to the Bridgewater Commons store since it was right across the street from our OOT hotel... and as far as I know they were nice there too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to look there tonight to do ours. We're going to try the one on route 46 in towota since that's the closest to our house. 

will let you know how we make out :-) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rachel - Yes, please let me know how it goes!  :-)

Thanks for the insight ladies... any others in the Union County/Somerset County/Essex County areas?
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Did not like the one in Rockaway Mall - no help at all. We stopped in the one in Ledgewood and the guy there was very helpful so that is where we are going back to set things up - we have an appt this sunday. I didn't try the Totowa store.

M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
    TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
    6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a great experience at the Piscataway location!  Its a smaller more personal store and the manager is great.  Good luck!
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_mens-wearhouse-union-essex-somerset-passaic-bergen-counties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:b5c4c19b-70e4-4f09-8fff-2f90a43d446fPost:56269695-adec-4280-a09d-784c8ed70482">Re: Men's Wearhouse - Union, Essex, Somerset, Passaic, and Bergen Counties?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did not like the one in Rockaway Mall - no help at all. We stopped in the one in Ledgewood and the guy there was very helpful so that is where we are going back to set things up - we have an appt this sunday. I didn't try the Totowa store.
    Posted by njpabzy[/QUOTE]

<div>I had a MAJOR issue with the one in the Rockaway mall, so we actually transferred our order to he one in Ledgewood.  I would stay away from the one in the mall at all costs.</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great!  Thanks everyone!  And how soon before our wedding should we go to have the tuxes done?  A month or two out?
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are getting some of them from Bridgewater Common's location. We have rented from there before and has had no major issues. Fi did it a month out, I would have liked it to be two months out.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i inquired about tuxes at the one in garden state plaza and the sales person was so rude! FI ended up going to rt 10 in livingston and worked with bonnie, she was very accomodating  and i ended going back with fi the next day  with FI to match the BM dresses with the colors he chose...we ended up changing all of the colors of the vests. she was there that day as well and was very helpful.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards