Wedding Woes
Options

A Friday poll

You are on vacation out of town with your spouse.

Re: A Friday poll

• Options
    6again6again member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    That was supposed to be post anything to facebook.
  • Options
    Yes, I do.   But I also have my FB page locked down so that only friends can see most stuff.   And none of my friends would rob me.   If that's what you're getting at.
  • Options
    Nope. Isn't that one of the FB safety rules? Don't go broadcasting out when you have no prayer of being at the house. Then there's the "FFS can you not look at FB for, like, 24 hours??!?!?"
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    6again6again member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Part of it was safety, and part of it is just spending the time to do it.  MIL and sFIL are in San Francisco and she's posting pics and responding to my stupid status update about wanting a burger.  I don't know it's just not something I would think to do at the time. 
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    the people who post about being on vacation probably also check in using that stupid four square thing. sure, i know most people on my friend's list hate that i don't let them know when i stop at five guys for burgers.
  • Options

When we were in NYC last month, I had my smart phone out all of the time for the maps and subway apps or for if I wanted to take a quick pic without getting my big camera out.   It took 2 additional seconds/taps to post something to FB.   I know that my parents were interested in knowing what we were up to and this was a great way to give them updates - also it worked as a sort of travel diary for us.   It's hard to remember what all you've seen and done by the time you get back.
    Also, I love travel and love to see places where my FB friends have traveled to - partly so I can live vicariously through them.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_a-friday-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:06d11bb9-29d8-4e79-a8f0-5b7bd569c60fPost:eb85a873-6ff7-467d-874d-5e9e7229dcca">Re: A Friday poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]the people who post about being on vacation probably also check in using that stupid four square thing. sure, i know most people on my friend's list hate that i don't let them know when i stop at five guys for burgers.
    Posted by Wzz[/QUOTE]

I am guilty of posting while on vacation, but you know I don't post my current location on a regular basis.
  • Options

I have never had a means to post while on vacation.  If I had a smartphone, I probably would post pics.

A bff couple just went to Greece last week and they posted pics daily.  I loved looking at the pics right then, instead of wading through 300 pics all at once when they got home.

• Options
    I'd be SS.  I do have my FB locked down so that it's only friends who can see vacation.  I'd post sometimes and probably share pics more than anything and tweet.  But it wouldn't be the first thing I'd think of doing, no.
  • Options
    i do, but the only people who have access to FB are friends and family, and we have people keeping an eye on the house while we're away. i don't have my phone set up for international usage, so if we're ever out of the country, there won't be updates until we get back. 
  • Options
    I Foursquare when we're on vacation because my parents want to know what we're doing and I'm too lazy to text them the whole time. Also I like the points from checking in because I'm a competitive child.

• Options
    I post on vacation sometimes. Usually when we are zooming down before going to sleep or while I'm waiting for someone else to finish getting ready. I don't generally say where we are or that we are away from home, although my FB friends are all people I know IRL.

Several times I've left my laptop at home on purpose when travelling but found it's really handy to have if you want to look up information about the area, schedules, etc. So now we almost always bring it along. 
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I confess, H and I posted on FB during our HM. We weren't on all the time, only a few minutes here and there b/c we had free wifi in the hotels. We wanted to update our relationship status (I know, I know, it could have waited, but why not go ahead and change it since we had a few min of down time the day after?). We also posted a few updates, but didn't give out too much info. 

Our real purpose was to keep people from calling us to see if we were doing ok. We figured if they saw a few FB updates, they wouldn't bother us. It worked quite well, actually, except for MIL - go figure. 

We knew she'd be a problem, so we specifically told her NOT to call us on our HM (she actually requested that H check in with her now and then to make sure we're ok - um, no, he's busy with his wife). So she respected our decision and didn't call us, but half way through our trip, she couldn't take it anymore and actually figured out how to text on her phone so she could text H!!! Needless to say, he did not respond :)

Anyway, I'm not sure how that morphed from FB to MIL, but the point is - yes, we do post now and then when we're on vacation.
  • Options
    I might also add that we have someone who stays at our house when we're on vacation because we have three dogs that we don't want to board, so it's not like there's no one here.

• Options
    i tweet. they're protected and only like 50 people follow me. i post pictures to fb but i never status update.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards