Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Downtown Hotel Block

Hi girls! I'm working on setting up my hotel blocks, but I have no idea where to start. Since I've lived here all my life, I've never had the chance to stay in a hotel in Baltimore. So I'm pretty clueless as to what is good/bad/cheap/expensive. Can someone help me out? I'm looking for a hotel or two in the downtown area (reception is at the BMI) that is clean, safe and semi-cheap. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, while I'm at it can someone recommend a hotel by the airport as well?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Downtown Hotel Block

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a block at the Hampton by the airport. My OOT guests loved it. I did all my blocks through a hotel planner site (I think it's hotelplanner.com) -- I didn't have to call a bunch of places. I put in what I want, picked from the list, visited the ones I was interested in and then went with two. It was easy and free, lol. Free is good.

One of my parameters was that I didn't want to have to pay a deposit. I also asked for free continental breakfast, close to airport, etc.
    planning

• Options
    iamstephiamsteph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a block at the Radisson Lord Baltimore (few blocks from inner harbor). My Dad/bro's and our room was nice and clean, and I didn't hear anyone complain. I'd stay there again.
    Married December 18th, 2010 :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the Hampton by the airport, too!  It was the cheapest rate we could find.  I know you asked for downtown recs, but I will point out that they have a package that offers a complimentary shuttle to your venue, and it may be more convenient for guests flying in - mine appreciated that they didn't have to rent cars, and we got a free honeymoon suite and it was nice seeing everyone the next morning at the free breakfast (without having to plan a brunch).

I don't have any downtown recs for you, but I will say that when you're looking around, make sure that you don't have to pay a deposit, you aren't responsible for any unused rooms, and that you can add more rooms to your block if necessary.  I would also ask if they have extras like a shuttle, free wifi, free breakfast, etc.  If you have a lot of OOT guests, I would consider two different price points.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    iamstephiamsteph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a block at the Radisson Lord Baltimore (few blocks from inner harbor). My Dad/bro's and our room was nice and clean, and I didn't hear anyone complain. I'd stay there again.
    Married December 18th, 2010 :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our hotel block is at the Hampton Inn near Camden Yards.  Really reasonable, and the rooms are nice, and we aren't responsible for unused rooms.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_downtown-hotel-block?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:39b2d8f4-c1ff-4922-84b4-56349a38bb95Post:a131dbb9-ee36-4d58-b50f-3ffa3aead784">Re: Downtown Hotel Block</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our hotel block is at the Hampton Inn near Camden Yards.  Really reasonable, and the rooms are nice, and we aren't responsible for unused rooms.
    Posted by hlq2011[/QUOTE]

My program uses this hotel for recruits, and they are really great to work with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late on this but wanted to chime in since we had blocks downtown!

We had a block at the Hilton in Harbor East (the Garden Inn I think?) and one at the Berkshire (sp?) Suites which is about a block from the harbor. We stayed there for the wedding night and really liked it-they have an AMAZING continental breakfast! I think both hotel rates were $99/night (wedding in June) but definitely not more than $120/night. Everyone was really happy with both hotels. No shuttles but taxis were plentiful and cheap (our reception was at the Science Center).
    6.12.10 June 2010 Siggy Challenge: Fave E-pic imageMy Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards