Snarky Brides

You're a brat....

Hey FSIL,
No my FI and I will not rent out a shithole of a house for you to keep your horse and dog at for free because it has 3 acres, and no we will not make "renovations" so you and your bf and son can move in a couples years after we have "fixed it up." Even though your bf makes more than  your brother and I combined but the two of you still choose to live with your mother. Grow the Ef up and stop trying to take advantage of us. No, the world does not revolve around you, and no I will most definitely not be doing you any favors for now on!

....I feel much better....
Anniversary

Re: You're a brat....

• anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    1st.   Is your future sister a poster on this board?

2nd. Why didn't you put this on the open letter post with your other post?

3rd. Actually saying crap like that to the people involved is probably more effective

4th.  Hi.  What the hell brings you to our neck of the woods?  Wandering aimlessly?  Searching for "snark"? Got lost?  Exiled from all the other lands? 
  • 1) No
    2) I didn't think of it till after but now I will
    3) agreed
    4)Obvioulsy I'm cranky and I've been off work for a week because one of the physician's is on vacation and I've been crazy bored
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youre-a-brat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e71ce9-ed51-4162-aeae-6ba487ad4973Post:6cb84ff0-eada-44c6-a11e-93f1a301ff20">Re: You're a brat....</a>:
    [QUOTE]So if you are going to share, share. How old is FSIL? Why are you and FI living with his parents? how did she approach you with this awesome plan? I'm bored too.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>yeah.  What Dot said.  ;)</div>
  • Haha

She is 19. I still live at home I just graduated from college in december and  FI is still in school we're planning on starting the house process next month. FI mom texted me oh hey great idea, want a free horse and dog if you guys don't feel like buying...only 400 dollars a month! and I thoght oh sweet...until FI came over and explained that his sister actually wanted to buy it but wanted us to rent it out and fix it up first...so it would be ready for her when she decides to move out....who does that seriously..I just can't think of any scenario to justify it and make it acceptable. 
    Anniversary
  • No, I live with my dad. He lives at home with his family....there is no way i would live there
    Anniversary
  • Apparently. There is no way I would ever invest money into a home unless I was getting something out of it. 
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youre-a-brat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e71ce9-ed51-4162-aeae-6ba487ad4973Post:d80c6371-cf84-465f-934e-e39953264acc">Re: You're a brat....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I hope your FI told them both to pound sand.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

<div>kick rocks.  I like that better this week.  I think last week I was a fan of "suck an egg"</div>
  • Yeah, he told her no and I guess that's the end of it. They haven't said anything to me. I guess I should probably just get over it. I just don't see why he isn't more offended by the fact that it seems like  his family is trying to take advantage of him....i'm probably overreacting
    Anniversary
  • Yeah, he's a keeper.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youre-a-brat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e71ce9-ed51-4162-aeae-6ba487ad4973Post:b288322d-de56-45d3-a2d5-9e049920891d">Re: You're a brat....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, he told her no and I guess that's the end of it. They haven't said anything to me. I guess I should probably just get over it. I just don't see why he isn't more offended by the fact that it seems like  his family is trying to take advantage of him....i'm probably overreacting
    Posted by bmiller1128[/QUOTE]

Obviously I'm bored, too.

But is $400 for a fixer-upper with 3 acres plus a dog and horse a lot in your area? (I se Milwaukee as your location).

If someone floated that idea to me, I'd be running toward it eagerly. Of course $400 rent is substantially lower than what I currently pay so even investing in someone's home is still a deal.  Plus, there's the cultivation of good relations with the ILs if this arrangement were financially good for you. (But it sounds like it isn't good/appealing for you.)
  • pearlaquapearlaqua member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youre-a-brat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e71ce9-ed51-4162-aeae-6ba487ad4973Post:b288322d-de56-45d3-a2d5-9e049920891d">Re: You're a brat....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, he told her no and I guess that's the end of it. They haven't said anything to me. I guess I should probably just get over it. I just don't see why he isn't more offended by the fact that it seems like  his family is<strong> trying to take advantage of him</strong>....i'm probably overreacting
    Posted by bmiller1128[/QUOTE]

I see you're in Milwaukee and that might explain your position/views but if someone came up to me on the East Coast with an offer of $400 for 3 acres plus doggie and horse in exchange for renovating a family member's house I would be excited.

Is this price ($400) a lot to ask? Is it like regular rent but also expects you to renovate? Would you move in for free?

I'm just curious :)  My husband and I cry a little when we look around the country at what mortgage we could have with the rent we pay so this thread piqued my interest.
  • someone else owns the home now...the place is such a dump they'e planning on tearing it down. $400 is not a lot to ask so that explains how bad of shape it's in. Yes we would be renting from the current owner and renovating...then when she is ready to move in we move out and she buys a newly renovated home. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards