Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

This is sad I'm excited...

I just bought a DYSON!  Hell yeah!  Thanks for the wedding gift mom and dad.  I put it on my Target registery so we could get the 10% off but then Matt found the same one at WalMart for $100.00 less.  Yes please.  AND he can pick it up at the store TODAY!  I guess I know what I'm doing when I get home! YAY!

Re: This is sad I'm excited...

• Options
    Let us know how you like it! I love the idea of it but worry about the performance for the price.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Options
    qtpie11qtpie11 member
    First Comment
    Awesome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Dyson. We have the ball and my FI thought I was orginally crazy for spending so much money on a vacuum. Then he tried it and sees how well it cleans and he hasn't mentioned anything since. Congrats on the best gift ever. Which model did you guys buy?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i love my dyson so effing much.   its my 2nd one.  LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

CONGRATS!  Happy vaccuuming!

• Options
    Glad to see other's have them too. I read the reviews and it had great reviews.  I got the DC25.  I was looking that DC24 but it didn't have the ball and I really wanted the ball but I really didn't want to spend 500.00.  So this was a good options.  We have 2 cats and they get hair everywhere.  I cannot WAIT to try it out.  I am ready for my mind to be blown. :)
  • Options
    That's so exciting!  It's the simple things in life!
  • Options
    That's awesome! My parents have one and love it! They got us a really nice vacuum for Christmas 2 years ago, but I can't remember for the life of me what brand it is. She said it was comparable though. All I know is that it does a really good job, it's a dream to empty and clean the filter (couldn't be easier!) and the cord retracts inside the base :D
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_this-sad-im-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:d8c2edcd-000a-4c8f-ae52-5c99cea37791Post:b0b774b4-1d6c-4196-93a9-3a8ea1afc3e4">Re: This is sad I'm excited...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad to see other's have them too. I read the reviews and it had great reviews.  I got the DC25.  I was looking that DC24 but it didn't have the ball and I really wanted the ball but I really didn't want to spend 500.00.  So this was a good options. <strong> We have 2 cats and they get hair everywhere. </strong> I cannot WAIT to try it out.  I am ready for my mind to be blown. :)
    Posted by aukelly[/QUOTE]

<div>I have the Dyson that is specifically for animals and it will gross you out the first time you vacuum! I could NOT believe how much fur was in the carpet!! You will love it, I promise.</div><div>
    </div><div>Plus, mine broke a year ago after I tried to vacuum the end of a curtain. It was still under warranty, so I just called the company, UPS'd the broken part back, and they fixed it for free....in 2 days! That by itself makes it worth the money!!</div>
  • Options
    That's exactly why my mom got their dyson! Two cats (one longhaired) = vacuuming every day.
  • Options
    OHHHHH!!!  I can't wait to hear how much you love it!

I really want a dyson.... how sad is that since I have hardwood floors!  LMAO.....

does anyone have a dyson but have wood floors and still find ways to use it??

Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Awesome!! I should tell my sister, shes a clean freak! We have all wood flooring, anyone know if they make a hardwood dyson? We prefer vacuuming it over sweeping.
  • Options
    We have hardwood downstairs so I fully intend to use it on them too.  I can see where I might not be as inclined to buy one if we only had hardwood though.  I'll let you know how it does. 
  • Options
    aw that's so exciting. FI won't go for anything other than a Kirby - thanks to his uncle (sells vacuums for a living). I hate those things. Their old looking, bulky and just not my cup of tea.

Might just have to show up one day with a Dyson or something. Surprise! We're using this one!! I do all the vacuuming anyway, so why does he care? LOL.

Do let us know how it works with the pet hair...with a black dog and white carpet (apt living at its finest) you tend to notice all the hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
    i have hardwood, and I have a dyson animal ball.   I use my dyson on area rugs, runners, bathroom rugs, couches, curtains, kitchen crevices, hardwood floors....you name it, i vacuum it!!
  • Options
    OHHH Vanessa!  I'm gonna have to look into that one!
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    this dyson was a gift.  i <3 it.   my first dyson was bought at costco.  after about 3yrs, it lost suction, swear.  i cant make that up.  i walked it into costco, like i was vacuuming the parking lot on the way in.   they said "ok, we dont sell that model anymore, but we do have the new model.  and heres a coupon"  then took the old one back, no questions asked.   i got a brandy new one for $75 cheaper!!

gooooo costco!!!!!
  • Options
    qtpie11qtpie11 member
    First Comment
    I too have wood floors all through the first level  (Bamboo). I still use my Dyson on them but without the bristles turning so not to scratch or ruin the floors. It's great on all surfaces (wood, carpet, tile, etc). I also use it to clean our couches, blinds, grab high and hard to reach dust bunnies, anything and everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love this discussion!   My mom wants to get us a dyson...but FI wants a Shark because it's the same thing but less expensive.  I'm all for a dyson though! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards