Texas-Austin
Options

Need a PHOTOGRAPHER and VIDEOGRAPHER

hey everyone...

I am having trouble finding a photographer and vidoegrapher for my Oct 2011 wedding in Austin.

My budget is around $800-1500 for photographer and I really have no clue what the cost of a videographer is. 

I've read the Photography Shoppe is horrible, but they are not very pricey.

Any help is much appreciated.
Oct 15 is just around the corner! :)

Re: Need a PHOTOGRAPHER and VIDEOGRAPHER

• Options
    edited December 2011

Have you already talked to Capital Wedding Video? They are reasonably priced (I think I paid $600 for 8 hours) very nice & do good work. www.capitalweddingvideo.com

I know a couple photogs who fit that price range & may be open in Oct. If you would like, e-mail me with your wedding date and I'll ask around to see who is open and send you their contact info. trishfinfer (at) gmail dot com

~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks...just sent you an email. :)
    Oct 15 is just around the corner! :)
  • Options
    jgele2jgele2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would HIGHLY recommend my photographer, Cory Jackson of JAckson Wright Photography.    My wedding is not until October, but he did do our engagment session already, and I am BEYOND THRILLED with his work.  He is within your price range as well.  He gives you a CD of all the images and the rights to them, which was extremely important to me.    He also offers printing services, but to save money, I am getting printed elsewhere.    Here is his website:

http://www.jacksonwrightonline.com/

Also, if you message me, and are interested in seeing the link to my engagement shots, i'd be happy to share.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I'm not sure if this is going to help or hurt, but my budget was $1500 and I interviewed at least 10 photographers (in person)... I couldn't find anyone who I felt truly comfortable with and was getting really discouraged. Then I met with A L Collective. They were priced a little higher ($1895), but they both used to work at high profile studios in Austin and are so talented. Worth every penny. Given I never met with either of the photographers mentioned above, they could be awesome, just wanted to throw in my two cents... I think photographers are one of your most important vendor choices! 

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    SeanchrysSeanchrys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are a few that should be in your price range:

Daniel C Photography
    Amy Kathleen Photography
    Blackerby Photography
    Details Austin Photography

Best of luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glenn wilburn as well
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes, I've heard Blackerby is really good, too!
  • Options
    geriknelsongeriknelson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now Fly Away is also in that price range and definitely worth checking out. 

www.nowflyaway.com

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We enjoyed our photographers.
    JMark Photography
    Great pictures :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blackerby Photography rocks!  We used them for engagements and our wedding.  Sean & Crystal are so personable it didn't feel funny at all for them to be posing us and during our wedding I felt like they were hardly noticable.  Pics from both our engagements and wedding are on their blog and they were one of the most affordable photogs when I was looking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, please whatever you do, do not go with the photography shoppe. The only suggestion I have is www.malaiseart.net. His name is Russell and is very creative. My main concern about your post was The Photography Shoppe hope the suggestion works.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards