Ohio-Cleveland
Options

lost about flowers

I am just getting started on the wedding planning, and even though it's almost a year away, all these websites and magazines are making me feel like I am behind!  I am trying to figure out a reasonable budget, but I don't have all the facts.  I have a good idea about the cost of the venues, dress, reception, etc., but I have no clue about a flower budget.  I know it varies depending on the flowers, but in general, does anyone have an idea about cost?  Is this a one thousand dollar item or a five thousand dollar item?  Any input is appreciated.

Re: lost about flowers

• Options
    saraparasarapara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It can be whatever you want it to be.  Flowers were not that important to me, so we are not using a florist at all.

I am making all of the bouquets out of fake flowers myself (spent about 70 dollars total on the supplies).  For centerpieces we are doing candles.

My wedding is in October, so if I have any flowers, it may just be some big potted mums on the altar at the church, but that's about it.

I know someone who spent about 30k on flowers and then you have someone like me who is spending nothing - so it's completely up to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the previous poster. Prices are going to be all over the map, depending on what you have in mind. Our florals (PIB of some) cost us around $600. That included 4 bouquets, 8 bouts, 3 altar arrangements, 4 corsages & enough potted mums for half of the reception tables (the rest had different non-floral centerpieces). FWIW, our total wedding budget was around $15k.

Factors that affect final price: size/complexity of arrangements, kinds of flowers in them vs. what's seasonally available, size of bridal party requiring florals, whether you want to use lots or just a little in decorating (on guest tables, gift table, cake table, cake itself, misc plants around the ceremony and/or reception site, etc), and so on.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    skye83skye83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For similar centerpieces and bouquets I got quoted anywhere from $900-$2500. It all depends on what kind of flower you want, whether it's in season or not, where you are (i.e. in the city is going to be more expensive), and the florist you choose. The best thing is to get an idea of what you want and then shop around. If you are looking at lake or ashtabula county I highly recommend Light Touch Florist in Geneva. Deanna does amazing work and is extremely reasonable. I bought the flowers for my sister's wedding this past summer and she did an amazing job and now I'm using her again for my wedding.
    We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards