Wyoming

Help finding a ceremony location in WY!!

So, I'm not engaged yet but I've been given permission by my boyfriend to decide where I want to get married. That's a good thing, right? Laughing

We currently both live in Cheyenne, his family is in Gillette & Sheridan, & my family is in Chicago. Ideally, I'd love to run away to Maui and get hitched but I think that's going to be too expensive so I'm thinking of doing my own version of a destination wedding - in Wyoming!

I'm basically looking for your thoughts - I would like an outdoorsy mountain wedding because that's who we are - we both love the mountains and what better backdrop than the natural beauty!!!! Does anyone know of any good lodges (maybe up in the Snowy Range area) that would be a good place for a small simple wedding? What about getting married at Vedauwoo - is there a place to do it out there? Hmm... Please share your thoughts!!! I'd love your input!! Thanks!!!!

Re: Help finding a ceremony location in WY!!

• edited December 2011
    You might look into the Lodge at Pine Dale. It is a beautiful spot and they have great lodges for guest, awesome food and even a golf course. 
  • edited December 2011
    I need help finding a place for the wedding ceremony and the reception. My church is too small to hold both but we would really like them to be at the same place. The wedding is going to be in Casper Wy. It will be at the end of may so I wasn't sure if it would be too cold for an outdoor wedding or not. I just need some ideas of a good place to hold a big wedding and reception. :) THanks! 
  • mdwstrnNYermdwstrnNYer member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Whoops, sorry wrong forum
    Visit The Knot!
  • ajzphilpajzphilp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to try the ski lodge at Casper Mountain. 307-235-9311

Off season at the end of May you might get a great deal and it's probably big enough to handle everyone.  But I haven't been up there in years, so I don't really know.

(I am in Cheyenne too.)
    "All you need is love..." Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey!

I'm in Laramie and am getting married at St. Alban's chapel in the Snowy's this summer and its a gorgeous place.  It is an outdoor chapel and its only $100 to book it for a half day.  Here is a website for pictures of it.  Also there is Hynds Lodge in Curt Gowdy State Park that has a pretty ampitheater.  Otherwise the Snowy Range Ski area rents out for weddings too.  Hope that helps!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wyoming_1/27507030/

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Looking for an outdoor location in Lander, WY for mid-July.  Both of us are from Riverton, living and working in Casper now.   The CWC Field Station is booked, as they take reservations up to 2 years in advance.  We would LOVE to be in Sinks Canyon, but need to remember the mobility of some of our guests... so not too far into the Sinks.  Any ideas? 
  • edited December 2011
    The Snowy Range Lodge on Barber Lake Road off of Highway 230 (that's the one that goes to Centennial, right?) is beautiful!  Kind of pricey, though--$800 but you get it all day and the evening or day before for setup.  I love its out-of-the-way setting, but it's still a reasonable distance from Laramie. 

I also heard that the Snowy Range Ski area is NOT doing weddings right now.  They are owned by a bank and trying to sell it. 

I don't know if it's St. Alban's chapel I am thinking of, but there's also a chapel up near Brooklyn Lake.  It's smaller, but would make a beautiful place for the ceremony. 

I've heard of a couple of people tying the knot in Vedauwoo, but I'm not sure of the exact locations they used...I'm sure you can just take a hike up there and find one for yourself!
  • edited December 2011
    Highway 130 is the one that goes to Centennial.  Just so people aren't heading the wrong way  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I always get those confused. :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Bear Lodge Resort in the Big Horn Mountains.  Simply gorgeous place and very affordable!!  I love it there!!
  • kwelsh1kwelsh1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is an outdoor "chapel" place to get married in vedauwoo. Just down the road from it is Hiendz (sp?) lodge where you can have a reception. Both are controlled by the park service and fairly cheap to rent.
  • edited December 2011
    Just to help with searching:  It's the Hynds Lodge off of Happy Jack road.

I've never seen that chapel in Vedauwoo--where is it?
  • kwelsh1kwelsh1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

it is more like an ampatheatre than a chapel, but it is on the same road you take to get to Hynds Lodge. Cement benches that all face down to a small stage in the front. I have heard of lots of people getting married there. You have to reserve it with the Forest service and I know it books up fast.

• deewalshdeewalsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Wolcott Galleria! 

Your one stop shop in Casper.  It is the old Odd Fellows building compeltely restored and hosts a large number of people.  You can have a Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, and Reception all on the same floor in three different rooms.  Really beautiful hall with high ceilings! 
  • edited December 2011

Trail's End Historical site in Sheridan. I know a lot of people that have gotten married there. They have a really pretty garden area or a grassy lot. lots of pretty flowers and blossoming trees and shrubbery.

Another one would be to check out the dude ranches. A lot of people get married and hold the reception there as well. plus they have cabins for out of town guests.

If you are having a smaller wedding there is a small banquet hall in Sheridan called Shall We Dance. Very cute place

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    We checked out the Train Depot in Cheyenne for our upcoming wedding but it's too big for our needs. You could do the ceremony either indoors or out and if you wanted you could do the reception at the Plains Hotel across the street. They're really great to work with over there. That's where we will be having our reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards