• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Flowers!

It's come time for me to book my florist for the big day in April, and I want to start consultations next week.  I'm looking just to have these items done:

bouquets
boutineers
corsages
flower girl hair rings
arbor decoration
simple centerpieces (may assemble myself, but still want the flowers cheap)
more ornate centerpiece for the head table

Awhile back, some people had recommended vendors who only charge you the wholesale rate for their flowers plus labor/delivery.  Would you mind giving your recommendations again?

TIA!

Re: Flowers!

• edited December 2011
    I talked about my vender having awesome rates. His name is Randy Hoff, PM me if you would like his number.

Disclaimer: I live about 2 hours west of the cities, and he is about that far out too. I think he would deliver to the cities though, and he's super cheap. If you decide to go with him and meet at his home (where he does his business out of), know that his house is a mess. But he does beautiful work.

My flowers are roses. I got my bouquet (about 25 roses w/ stephanotis), 5 BM bouquets (15-16 roses), 9 corsages, 16 bouts, 2 altar arrangments, 12 pew decorations (only baby's breath for these), and about 20 simple centerpieces (half with I think 5 roses, and half with one rose under water kind or thing). I was planning on doing the centerpieces myself, ordering online, then he said he would give me the roses for wholesale price, because he doesn't want to see brides disappointed if the online is not a good quality. I decided just to let him to them though because he hardly charges for labor. I also get a free throw, he decorates the unity candle and the cake table or punch table for free as well. I got all this for $590 including materials, labor, and delivery.
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Knottie Warrior 1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I used Flowers by Gary - he ows the hair salon I've gone to since I was in high school but was a floral designer before that.  He gets his flowers wholesale and does all the work with just one other person so there isn't a ton of overhead you're supporting.  I LOVED my flowers.  651-653-0896
  • edited December 2011
    I used Molly at Petals and Sprigs and Twigs... she quoted us about 1/3 of others.  We're paying $600 for:

my bouquet (about 25-30 callas)
    3 BM bouquets
    10 bouts?
    8 corsages?
    20 centerpieces
    an altar arrangement
  • schmoodschmood member
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    We used Colleen at Colleen's Flower Cellar.  Her prices were pretty reasonable and I know quite a few people who have used her.

www.colleensflowercellar.com
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt145f22.aspx[/img][/url]
  • edited December 2011

Florist is the next big to do on my checklist, too. We're looking at Petals and Sprigs and Twigs, Intuitive Blooms, and Deven Nelson currently

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2uo5px1.jpg[/IMG]

August 2013 Pregnancy Blog

My Planning/Married/BUY MY STUFF Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Suz Colbeth, creativesuz.com.  Not only does she do amazing flowers, but she also has SUPER reasonable hourly prices for setup and takedown if you want help with that (chair covers, tearing down centerpieces, etc).  I am getting my bouquet, 6 BM bouquets, 1 toss bouquet, 7 corsages, 1 bout (we are doing pocket squares instead of bouts for GMs), cake flowers, and 20 centerpieces (including vases) for $550.  She has worked at several flower shops, but now does it out of her home and has 20+ years of experience.  Plus, she is just about the sweetest woman ever!!

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Intuitive Blooms is awesome. I'm paying $850 for a rather ornate bouquet, 4 BM bouquets' a bunch of bouts and corsages, and 20 centerpieces. And, I didn't have to substitute any of the flowers I wanted for something less expensive... the prices my florist is able to get me for hydrangeas, lilies, and orchids were just that awesome.
  • hjh444hjh444 member
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    jeni at simplystatedelegance!
  • lboerner88lboerner88 member
    500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    My mom's company Forget-Me-Not Floral Events is awesome. She is just getting started so her rates are extremely low! PM me if you want her information. She has lots of experience, she is just now starting her business because all of her kids are now grown up  and she has the time :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your input, everyone!  I'm going to check on some of these this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards