Second Weddings

Is this weather freaking you out or what?

Third day in a row it'll be 80+ in Chicago and it's going to stay like this until Tuesday I think.  Everything is budding so of course allergies are early :(  Just makes me wonder WTF is going on?

Re: Is this weather freaking you out or what?

• I think your weather is headed here next week.  I will certainly welcome a taste of spring.  Pollen never really dropped off all winter.  And I doubt that the flu & other nasty bugs ever really got killed off the way a cold snap will do that. 

Our winter was more akin to a DC winter.  Like moving south without the relocation expense!  Since last winter was like a Newfoundland winter, I think it all averages out.  ~Donna
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_is-this-weather-freaking-you-out-or-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:dd66138a-e909-42a6-ab43-3181e0aeefb6Post:d7787a97-5ba6-4285-91a5-c6cff11c7942">Re: Is this weather freaking you out or what?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think your weather is headed here next week.  I will certainly welcome a taste of spring.  Pollen never really dropped off all winter.  And I doubt that the flu & other nasty bugs ever really got killed off the way a cold snap will do that.  <strong><font color="#0000ff">Our winter was more akin to a DC winter. </font></strong> Like moving south without the relocation expense!  Since last winter was like a Newfoundland winter, I think it all averages out.  ~Donna
    Posted by right1thistime[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what became of <u>our</u> DC winter.  My allergies have been relentless.  I usually take a break from my nose sprays and pills from Nov - Mar.  Not this "winter."  Blech!

So ... I guess this could be Armageddon.  Or, preparation for the next stop on the Mayan calendar.  Or ... just f*cked up weather, eh??
  • Well, I DID hear that Snookie's due date is Dec 21, 2012-- the supposed last day of the Mayan calendar and therefore proposed end of the world.  >:)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_is-this-weather-freaking-you-out-or-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:dd66138a-e909-42a6-ab43-3181e0aeefb6Post:5ccb5dfa-c305-41bb-adaa-65591cdd9cd8">Re: Is this weather freaking you out or what?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I DID hear that Snookie's due date is Dec 21, 2012-- the supposed last day of the Mayan calendar and therefore proposed end of the world.  />:)
    Posted by right1thistime[/QUOTE]

Makes perfect sense.
  • Haha, I almost believed the Snooki thing until I realized that would mean she'd be pregnant for 11 months.  Although... I guess that IS possible considering the source...

We have the opposite thing weather wise right now.  In California it's supposed to be warm and sunny but instead we're having a TON of rain, including a freak hail storm earlier today, and it's coooold!  We have the heater on right now (it's probably high 40s right now outside).  Craziness.  Is it an El Nino year?  Feels like an El Nino year...

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• I know! MN has had unbelieveable weather all "winter" - I'm using that term lightly. Makes me a bit nervous since our wedding is completely outdoors this summer. I'm feeling like we'll pay for the weather we're having now by having a cold & wet summer.
  • I'm in Utah and we had 70 two days ago and now it is snowing!!! I liked last week better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really appreciate the fact that I never had to stop biking all winter here in DC.  However, in the past the only things I've been allergic to were dust and mold, so I worried about pollin only to the extent that it physically got into my eyes and was painful.  This year, I've been having unbelievable allergies, at one point ending up with all the skin under my nose raw from blowing my nose so much.
  • It's been crazy here in the Michigan area, and all around the country I guess. I saw on NBC news last night that 2000 records have been broken. My tulips will be blooming in a week I'm sure. My lilac bushes and crab apple tree have leaves and buds.

I fear this means a summer in the 90's and 100's.........ugh.
  • My clematis has huge buds on it already.  We have daffs up in the backyard - about a week now.
  • Dagnabbit!  We've bounced from the low 50s, up to the high 70s and down to the mid 30s and back to the 60s in less than 36 hours here in DC.  From wool and pantyhose to silk and bear legs in two days.  The horror!  The horror!

Surprised

• My FI says it's a sign of the end of times.  We're in Cleveland, and the Winter was almost nonexistant this year, except for few enough days that you can remember when they were.  Not to sound like an alarmist, but if you read the book of Revelations, this is one of the things they talk about, where your seasons are unrecognizable.  I wanted to call FI crazy on this one, but it's in there. 

I don't believe that crap about the Myan calendar, I think they just got to a point when they were making it and said "Well, that's enough for now, somebody else can pick it up later," and then their society got wiped out so no one ever did. Seriously, they had to have had other things to do.

That was funny about Snookie, though, an 11 month gestation, wouldn't that make her an elephant?  Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards