Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

venue suggestion help....

love the theme "Cowboy Cassanova"....color will be black on black (velvet damask with two shaeds of black....dark garnet red (almost black red like the flower Rose Bacarrat?....here's where I need help...venue for this....about 150-200 people....inquired at NyLo -las Colinas. (more moern have lot of black  &white color in tthroughout the hotel)....For Season's...Omni Park West & Mandalay...Like Arlington Hall 2lee park but they are booked...please help me...I'm in Las Colinas & would love to have it nearby.and also we would love to host a next day brunch asthe house...suggesstions, pls.

/thanks!

Re: venue suggestion help....

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You've sent inquiries to all these places?  Make sure you keep calling until they call you back. 

While I love the Four Seasons, their ballroom is not going to fit your theme (from what I remember).  It was very French.  Not that there's anything wrong with that but I don't think it would fit what you are hoping to do.
  • carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    in the las colinas/irving area, nylo is your best bet. not sure if minimums are a deal-breaker for you, but when i asked i think i was told that the minimum was 20k for a 150 wedding. 

if you really want your venue to match your theme, four seasons and omni will not match unless you're willing to bring in a lot of decor to cover things. 

ETA: this is not in las colinas, but you may like this venue as well. http://www.7senses.biz/home.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My mom went to a wedding recently in Las Colinas and it was in a movie studio there.  She said it was really cute.  I'll see if I can find out some more information.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
    edited December 2011
    http://www.thestudiosatlascolinas.com/

The link is for the place that Michelle was talking about. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm I don't know if a winery would fit or not, but Delaney Vineyards isn't too far away and its very rustic.   It would definitely give you a more country feel, but it is elegant as well.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm no help with a venue but I thought you might like to see a hotel ballroom set for a wedding with a similar color palette.  This was a wedding at my venue the Melrose (which I loved but is too small for your guest size). 

• edited December 2011
    thank you all...yes., I did call them and got them to send me the minimum and reception packages... I think you all are right that Four seasons & Omni will have to be tweek to match the theme....Nylo have only 5k minimum for the ballroom with $1,500 rental...Four Season  have 10-15k minimum...the Omni Madalay 15K....my problem is that food seems to be higher at Nylo even though the minimum is lower...so I just don't know what to do....I will check Studios of Las Colinas...thank you all!

Love the picture...thanks...that's the look I'm going for ...maybe with some uplight to get the right mood.
    edited December 2011
    If it's the place you like and the others are more expensive, then why not spend a little more at the place that you love and will not require even more money to "correct" the decor?  Just my two cents.
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard the Four Seasons in Las Calinas starts at around 35k. But hopefully you get lots of things with that price!
  • edited December 2011
    will check out the food on both places and will figure out what to do....a knotty that just got married posted her review and I love her venue....Em the venue....might check on that one.....
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_venue-suggestion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d0528948-22df-4b4c-801b-90794182194aPost:2c33817e-c535-48ba-bb2a-5f34a89de7f4">Re: venue suggestion help....</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it's the place you like and the others are more expensive, then why not spend a little more at the place that you love and will not require even more money to "correct" the decor?  Just my two cents.
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

I agree.  And honestly, you may be overthinking it.  The room is just the shell, you can transform it however you want.  The Nylo sounds great.
  • edited December 2011
    PM Me your email and I can forward you the pricing information from the Nylo.  It's under 15k for 150 ;)  We are also looking there and have a damask print in our theme.

The food at the NyLo really outshines any of the venues you listed (I have been to all of them already for other weddings, meetings, etc) and the staff at Nylo are amazing.  It's also the closest venue to DFW for your OOT guests.  I love it - it's on our short list!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards