Florida-Central Florida
Options

How do Catering prices work?

I am making the food for the recpetion so without food costs, how much would it cost to hire a catering company for just the servers and plates cups utensils?
I wont be having a bar, pre made drinks that just need to be poured into cups and such.

Also how much would i be looking at for chairs during the ceremony?

I realize costs depend where you go, but im really just looking at a ball park. Do they charge per person even though food is not being prepared by them?

Thanks in advance.
Any other advice would be great too.

Re: How do Catering prices work?

• Options
    You def. have to call around and get prices from companies. They are going to vary city to city and for the unique services you need. We are paying 1.25 per chair plus delivery and set up and the company charges extra for "overtime" since it is not normal business hours, but we have to have chairs so...
    I would start sending emails to the companies in your area and compare from there.
  • Options
    I work in the catering industry and most companies will not do this because of insurance and liability issues. Your best bet would be to look at hiring waiters and bartenders independently by posting on Craigslist or contacting a staffing agency. 
  • Options
    Info for the servers. I had the same problem!!  I did just serving and cleanup as my own business and it seems no one else does!! I always had party's to work!! Now that i am getting married, i had a terrible time finding servers!! Your best bet is see maybe if there are people (reliable) you know that will not be attending and see if they'd like to make a couple extra bucks!!  Maybe even check within your fellow church members. That's what il did. Also check out maybe Elk's Lodge or Moose, maybe one of the bartenders can work on their nite off and bring some serving friends?  Good Luck!!In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_how-do-catering-prices-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:03724bf4-4fce-4902-aea4-0e6255a172adPost:0bab8dfc-8a8e-4861-a05d-fec26f2c2058">How do Catering prices work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am making the food for the recpetion so without food costs, how much would it cost to hire a catering company for just the servers and plates cups utensils? I wont be having a bar, pre made drinks that just need to be poured into cups and such. Also how much would i be looking at for chairs during the ceremony? I realize costs depend where you go, but im really just looking at a ball park. Do they charge per person even though food is not being prepared by them? Thanks in advance. Any other advice would be great too.
    Posted by BunnieBride143[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards