Getting in Shape
Options

Getting in Shape!!

I am so blessed to get the chance to marry my best friend. But I really wanna wow him on our wedding day. I am 5 foot even and weigh 132 pounds. My goal is a healthy, 120. I have until Sept. of 2013 to reach this goal, so, no sweat, right?? Wrong! I am so short that losing weight seems impossible. I am also not a flexible person, which needs to improve as well. I also have a large bust,which I am very insecure about. I have no waist to go with it. Any advice for me??

Re: Getting in Shape!!

• Options
    If you want to improve flexibility, you should probably start stretching everyday.  I used to stretch at least twice a day (morning and night) plus any stretching that was required for cheerleading and dance lessons.  I was really flexible back in the day,  I could drop into the splits without stretching or warming up at all.  Also hold your stretches for longer than usual, work on building up to 2 minutes per stretch.  I am working on regaining some of my flexibility and I think I started with about 30-45 seconds per stretch.  Warm up a bit before stretching.  Don't bounce in your stretches, you'll just end up with a pulled muscle.  Don't push yourself too hard early on, flexibility takes time. 

Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am actually the exact same height and weight as you and I agree it is difficult to lose weight. Dieting is key, if you slip up a lot you will not get results. Make a goal to work out at least 4 days a week. Do cardio and strength. Good luck!
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with all PPs.

As someone with a large bust, I agree with the supportive sports bra thing. I've even found some decent ones at Old Navy, so they don't HAVE to cost a fortune. I've also done a sports bra with a tank top (one of those with the built in bra that gives smaller chested gals a chance to go without). It might feel restirctive at first, but it's totally worth being able to move without putting out an eye! Surprised

Congrats on your engagement! hang out here, we don't bite!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I lost 60lbs in 5 months by walking everywhere and of course eating right. I actually forced myself to be in situations that would leave me stranded so that I had to walk. It worked. I walk 8 miles a day now and I feel amazing! That might be excessive but if it is works it works, right? Good luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You would be amazed at the changes you could make before september of next year! Just remember that you DO have the power to lose the weight, but it will take some work and dedication.
    There are alot of good recommendations already on here, like walking everywhere. This is a great place to start for exercise.
    Also diet is going to be very important and can determine how quickly you see your weight loss results.
    I have written a blog post with 6 easy weight loss tips you can start doing today. I think this would be a great resource for you! You can read it here!

One last tip would be to find a calorie calculator online and find out how many calories you should be taking in per day to lose weight, and stick to that number! Add exercise on top of this and your results will amaze you!

Good luck!
    The Lean Body Bride. The Ultimate Bridal Transformation Workout Plan. http://www.theleanbodybride.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards