Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Old Governor's Mansion

I have yet to visit the OGM but I am curious to know how it really looks. The pictures look nice. Can anyone who has been there please let me know there thoughts. When you walk in does it feel like an old place? Do the renovations make it feel new or does it just give you an older feeling. Thank you!

Re: Old Governor's Mansion

• Options
    msiguemsigue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there and it was absolutely beautiful with a very regal feel.  We did the ceremony outside in the garden and the reception inside.  There was more of a stately feel rather an old.  I loved it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The old governor's mansion is very elegant,   Its a beautiful place to have a wedding
  • Options
    kbarron1kbarron1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh...I just had my wedding at OGM in December and the whole place is breathtaking.  We were going to have our ceremony in the rose garden but it rained, so we had it in the ballroom.  There are pics up on facebook if you have it.  You are more than welcome to look....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ella-j-Reese-Photography/159524126866?ref=ts

My albums are the Karla albums.  Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!
  • Options
    TLS2008TLS2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your responses! I had a chance to visit the OGM and it was everything you all said it was. Only probably is I hoped that I could fit my 250 guest all in the ballroom, but that won't be happening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards