Canada-Ontario
Options

Average price of wedding invites?

Been looking at several sites for wedding invitations and I am so overwhelmed.
What should my budget be for a wedding of approx 400?

Any suggestions on who to consider that may be affortable?

Many Thx

Re: Average price of wedding invites?

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think there's a post a few below that mentioned an average price of $6/invite (for everything - invite, rsvp card, envelopes, etc.).  There are brides who have paid more (mine are about $7 with a pocketfold and 4 insert cards), and much less!  On that note, you can always go the DIY route (tons of invite kits at Michaels) and spend a lot less.  Considering the high guest count, you may want to look into it!  
  • Options
    ancavazancavaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have 400 guests you will probably need around 200 invitations plus 400 stamps. The stamps alone will be $200, so I think you should budget at least $1000. It depends a lot on what kind of invitation you want. You can always DIY.

I got my invitations at a small shop in Kensington called Kid Icarus. They charged $100 design fee to put together a customized design for us which we absolutely loved! On top of that our invitations were $4.16 per package (invite, rsvp card, map and envelopes). They do screen printing on location and will work with your budget.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't finding anything I liked online or in stores, so I decided to have them done by a graphic designer.  I was worried about the cost, but when we sat down and realized how many graphic designers we knew personally who were willing to help out - the cost decreased by a ton.

The only expense was the printing which we got Astley Gilbert (downtown T.O) to do which was apx 1500 (for 250 invites that included, cutting of paper and 4 inserts, ink and paper and both inner and outer envelopes). 

And yes, as per the post above - don't forget to include stamp costs in your budget - it can get a bit pricey - especially since your guest count is big.

So, ours were about $6/per, but at least they're designed to be a reflection of us as a couple!
    ~~~~~Melissa~~~~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours for $31 at Micheals lol
    We only have 82 people so we only need 38 invites.
    A friend of mine told me to sign up to Micheals online to get a 40%
    coupon which we used towards it.
    They are simple and cute and match our color scheme perfectly.
    Honestly invites are not all that important to me, I have been to plenty of weddings and I can't remember a single invite sticking out in my mind.
     I don't think anyone is going to care if we paid $5 an invite or 62 cents.
    May 2011 March Siggy: Our Venue~ Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Sarah & Geoff~ May 14th, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your response and suggestions.

I have seen prices for $6 and up, but its important to note what's included and what is extra. Wasn't adding the postage yet, thanks for that!

Will check out that place in Kensington Market

Cheers
  • Options
    silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another good option is Paper Things, which is a stationery store in Yorkville run by the volunteer committee of the National Ballet. Their graphic designers will work with you, we did our STDs with them and their prices were extremely competitive. In addition to making sure you budget for postage, many printers can only order in lots of 25 so if you need 179 invitations, you end up having to pay for 200 (not that having a few extra invitations is such a terrible idea, but just so you know to include a budget for a few extra pieces),
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a Scrapbook store and have bought paper and a few embellishments to make my own.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rainbow invitations in woodbridge/vaughan has an awesome selection for good prices.
  • Options
    onetieronetier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for DIY pocketfolds www.cardsandpockets.com is fantastic.  The quality of their paper is awesome and you can buy everything already pre-cut (if you want).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards