New Jersey
Options

Unity Ceremony

What other ceremony can i do besides the unity candle ceremony? Any Ideas ladies?

Re: Unity Ceremony

• Options
    My sister had a Unitarian ceremony and they had a water ceremony.  I have also heard of sand ceremonies or rose ceremonies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to mention a sand ceremony.  We contemplated it, but stuck with the traditional candle ceremony.  We ordered a personalized candle from Etsy and couldn't have been more pleased.
  • Options
    agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We're doing a wine box ceremony.  It's kind of like a time capsule.  You get a bottle of wine and a nice box that ideally locks.  During the wedding ceremony, you each put letters that you've written to each other in the box along with the wine.  Ideally, you don't open the box until your 5 or 10 year anniversary.  However, they say that if the marriage is ever in serious trouble, then you open the box and read the letters while you have the wine and recall why you fell in love and got married in the first place.  

We thought it was very unique and not something we've ever seen done before.  Plus, my FI and I love wine so it suits us perfectly and gives us a reason to splurge on a really nice bottle of wine that can age for a few years.  
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards