Ohio-Cleveland

Outdoor Wedding Reception Venues in Northeast OHIO

We are looking at getting married in Oct. 2011 and would love love love to have the reception outdoors. We want to stay near Cleveland and Avon Lake. 

Any suggestions on barns, wineries, old school houses, near the lake, or farms in or around Cleveland, Avon Lake, OHIO? I am going with NO wedding planner so I need all the help I can get. We are just in the beginning stages of planning, thanks for your help. 

Thank you! 

Maura

Re: Outdoor Wedding Reception Venues in Northeast OHIO

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Places you might want to check out include: Puskas Outdoor Party Center in Lorain, Tom's Country Place (though I can't remember if they only do outdoor ceremonies), and John Christ winery.

The only barns/farms I can think of are well south of Cleveland -- Hale Farm in Bath, Conrad Botzum Farmstead (Bath area), Goodyear Barn at Springmist Farms (Brunswick). Also further out are Sarah's Vineyard Winery (across the street from Blossom in Cuyahoga Falls) and the Winery at Wolf Creek in Copley (by Akron).

You should be just fine without a wedding planner. I coordinated my own wedding without one and it worked out great. As long as you can stay organized, it's really not a problem. Good luck and have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    It looks like you're from Colorado (BEAUTIFUL outdoor opportunities there, I'm certainly jealous).  But I'm looking at the same deal.  I'm not too far with the wedding planning myself, so I'm curious what you find.  I'm looking into country clubs like golf courses and don't forget about the Nautica Queen or Good Time II !! They are Cleveland cruise ships that go out on Lake Erie.  I've called about the Nautica and they offer a catering package with the venue.  It is a 3-story boat, the top deck open to the Lake (usually reserved for the ceremony) and the 1st story deck for dancing and 2nd story deck for food (vice versa, maybe?).  Very economical.  You can either rent out the whole ship which surprisingly doesn't break the bank, or you can share it with other events (in my opinion, I wouldn't want to have strangers at my wedding, but that's just me).  Good Time II is very similar.  Let me know what you find!
    May 2012 Nesties March Siggy Challenge: Furbabies imageimageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked this little treasure I found on the east side... Rental cost is only $750!
    Check out the Euclid Lakefront Community Center. It's right on the water and it's BEAUTIFUL.
  • km911704km911704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were in the same boat as you! I REALLY wanted an outdoor reception... but we are getting married August 13,2011 and we decided that it was too much of a gamble in NE Ohio.... HOWEVER we booked Patterson Fruit Farm (Chesterland, Ohio)! ITS BEAUTIFUL! the ceremony will be outdoors and the reception is located in a room with windows going almost all the way around (it also has a bonus patio!) The windows allow you to see a view all the way to lake Erie! .... Betty (the event coordinator at Pattersons) is AMAZING! and i almost think she might have said that you can rent a tent, tables chairs etc to hold an outdoor event.... we just were too impressed with the indoor options that we didnt even consider it! Its really a great place and extremely resonable!!!  GOOD LUCK!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone, those are all great ideas. I am going to look further into Tom's Country Place and some wineries. The problem is I need a back up plan, as the weather in NE Ohio in October can be iffy'.

Has anyone ever heard of or attended a wedding at the Foldgers House in Avon, Ohio? 

Has anyone ever heard of shutting down a street and putting tents up for a wedding? My mom lives in a small house near the lake. We know all our neighbors and it would be cool to block the street off and through a party, but the weather and bathroom situation is what is keeping me from doing this..

Thanks again, 

M
  • edited December 2011
    Make sure to check out the clifton club in Lakewood.  We are having our wedding there next june, it's an old house, technically a "social club".  It's right on the lake, great food and Jennifer, the event coordinator, is awesome!
  • imkamlimkaml member
    First Comment
    Planning a wedding for June 2014. Would like an outdoor wedding in Cleveland, OH. Need suggesstions for moderately priced venues.
  • Does anyone know of any outdoor wedding reception sites available for September 15th, 2012. Something simple like maybe a field, woods, barn, winery, orchard, farm, by a lake, or pretty much anything. There has been some issues with our current wedding site and we would like to find an alternative as soon as possible! If so e-mail me @ erinjoybroderick@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards