Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Pics Before Ceremony -- wear rings?

we are doing pics before the ceremony ... i am assuming we would both wear our wedding rings as these are wedding photos.  but, technically we wont be married at that point!

what is everyone else doing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pics Before Ceremony -- wear rings?

• I'm doing pictures before, and I'm not planning on wearing the rings then either. The pictures we're doing before will be of us around town and such, and the focus won't be on our hands. We'll have the photog take pics of the rings too, and I'm sure she'll get good shots of our rings once they're on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It would make the most logical sense to do so, I think. The people there that day likely won't care overly much. But for people who come later - they might. 

The only people I can think of who would notice/care if you have rings are the kids who, if they are like I was as a kid, be heavily invested in their parents being "mom and dad" which would likely mean having the rings on. A concerned 4 year old will notice these things. I did when I noticed when my parents wedding pics didn't include rings. 

We're taking pics before to and I hadn't even thought of this. Good catch .
    Wedding planning land is not friendly to feminists.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_pics-before-ceremony-wear-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:27816448-be9c-4fa9-b23c-7b4eafbfac77Post:fa337be3-86cd-4407-a33e-02d982734c23">Re: Pics Before Ceremony -- wear rings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing pictures before, and I'm not planning on wearing the rings then either. The pictures we're doing before will be of us around town and such, and the focus won't be on our hands. We'll have the photog take pics of the rings too, and I'm sure she'll get good shots of our rings once they're on.
    Posted by LuluP82[/QUOTE]

This. I really doubt anyone will be able to see my finger or notice that we're not wearing our wedding rings.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • For the pics before the ceremony, I had already moved my e-ring to my right hand. I have also seen some ladies not have the e-ring on at all. It is up to you.
  • This is something I thought a lot about before the wedding, but come the day, I didn't give a damn.  I just wore my e-ring as usual.  I had too much else to worry about that day to mess with putting on our rings for pictures and then taking them off for the ceremony.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • We took our pics prior to the wedding and did not wear our rings.  For our formal pics with family, we had our rings on, as the pics were taken after the ceremony.  Like pp suggested, this is such a minute detail and you probably shouldn't be too worried about it. 
  • I probably wouldn't bother - only because you will mostly be with your BM's and your family, so more group photos meaning less close up on your hand.  Obviously, a lot of photos with your FH often show the ring, so assuming you're going this route - do all photos with him after the ceremony.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_pics-before-ceremony-wear-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:27816448-be9c-4fa9-b23c-7b4eafbfac77Post:c3de38e6-ab6a-448f-b57d-269f90137f8b">Re: Pics Before Ceremony -- wear rings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pics Before Ceremony -- wear rings? : So you're mom and dad weren't really your parents until they were physically wearing wedding bands?  Does that mean, you're an orphan if they both decide to take their rings off at the same time?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div> I know it makes no sense. You don't have to tell me. I was four. Four year olds tend to be silly at times. </div><div>
    </div><div>But I DID run to my mother, who was home at the time, and make her promise she married Dad. I guess to a four year old brain it was somehow important. </div>
    Wedding planning land is not friendly to feminists.
  • We didn't wear our rings in photos taken prior to the ceremony.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • I had photos with the BM's before the wedding. I only wore my e-ring, but only about 2 photos show that close up. DH didn't wear his ring for his photos before. We didn't have photos or see each other, but I still don't think we would have worn the bands. It's totally your choice though, if you want to wear them, do it!
  • I would say it's up to you.  If it's really that important to you to have your wedding band and e-ring then do it.  But it does seem like sort of a lot to juggle and make sure you get the bands back to the best man... but if you're having pictures you holding hands, focusing on the rings,  you would probably want them.  Your choice, I'd say.
    Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
  • For us ... Photos taken before the ceremony will not include wedding bands.  Photos taken after the ceremony will include wedding bands.
  • I agree that it's up to you.  If it's a concern - talk with your photog.  I think someone else mentioned that, too. 

In our case, we will take photos before the ceremony but just the WP and other groups.  I will have on my e-ring, but not sure which hand yet!  Anyway, by the time we take photos together - we'll have our wedding rings on.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards