Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Downtown Phoenix Venues

Anyone book one of the downtown Phoenix venues?  monOrchd, Bentley Projects, Icehouse???

Re: Downtown Phoenix Venues

• Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!

I haven't ever heard of any of those venues, but we do have a few brides on here that have booked the Orpheum theater.  It's absolutely gorgeous!

I looked up the venues you had listed, and they look really fun and urban.  I bet there is a lot you could do with decorating.  Did you have any specific questions about the venues?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kimheartsscott just went and looked at all of those venues, she might be able to help you out.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Icehouse for First Friday. It's a fantastic space for a wedding!! You could do some super fun stuff with decor. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_downtown-phoenix-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:87fe9b6c-4ed9-4e79-8330-6b8dc44efb3fPost:04163992-bca6-4aec-9536-d897da1a85e5">Re: Downtown Phoenix Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kimheartsscott just went and looked at all of those venues, she might be able to help you out.
    Posted by LedZeppelin[/QUOTE]

Indeed!  I didn't go to Bentley Projects, but I could maybe answer questions about the other two! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to an event (not a wedding) at the Bentley Projects and I loved it!  It is a raw space, not warm at all, but I think you could pull off a really cool artsy/funky wedding there if that is your style.  If you are going for pretty and typical, that is not your space.  I have never been to the other two.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked into Bentley Projects, MonOrchid and The Icehouse for my wedding.  I had my mom go look at all the spaces and take pictures of each for me because I live out of town.  Of all 3, Bentley Projects seemed to be the nicest and the best space for a wedding.  In the end, I didn't pick Bentley Projects because it was a little too raw of a space and trying to decorate/plan while living out of state was just too much work.  It was my 2nd choice and if you have the time, I think it would be an amazing wedding venue!

-Jaci

PS Let me know if you want to see all the pics of the venues that my mom took for me.  PM me your email address and I can send them over.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jadel74jadel74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Icehouse is incredibly raw; we looked into it but we couldn't get the owners to call us back (the kicker is that a really good friend of ours knows the owner-and we still couldn't get a callback). Probably not the kind of people you want to deal with for your wedding.

I've been into the Monorchid several times on FF; the space is actually pretty cool (spiral staircase) but it strikes me as smallish. I'd be surprised if the capacity was more than 90 people.
  • Options
    skyemarieskyemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at The Ice House March 19, 2011.  There is a coordinator that you should get ahold of if you are interested!  The owner of The IceHouse is very hard to get ahold of.  Email me if you would like the coordinator info for The Ice house.

Amy
    rnsk8s@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards