Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Dead dad

My dad passed when I was 13...so he's obviously not here to 'give me away'...Would it be weird to walk down the aisle alone? With my mom? What would you ladies suggest

Re: Dead dad

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do what makes you comfortable. If you want to walk by yourself, do that. If you want your mom, or an uncle, or a brother, or a cousin... do that. If you want to walk alone with a small memento of your dad's to hold (a watch, necklace, or ring, etc), then do that.

It's your choice =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    totally up to you. My dad passed away 2 years ago and I am planning on walking down alone.  I am walking down the aisle to an instrumental version of "Tiny Dancer" as that is a song he used to sing to me.  So that's a way for him to be with me for the walk down the aisle...
    But lots of gals have their moms/brother/step-father/friend/sister.... totally up to you!
  • Options
    ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sadly I think my dad will pass away in the next 7 months, so he will not be there either.  I vote for alone, or both of you as a couple.
  • Options
    I think it is up to you, but when I get married, my mom is going to walk me down the aisle. My father passed away when I was 6, so she has been my mother and my father for as long as I can remember. I would say it depends on the relationship you have. Do you think she holds you close enough in her heart to need to give her permission to give you away and let someone else hold you close in their heart? Just some things to think about...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards