Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Top 3 Things

I took this idea from another board... and I'm bored.

What are the top 3 things you notice at a wedding?  What is the coolest, most unique thing you have seen done at a wedding?

Re: Top 3 Things

• Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. The dress, and how the bride looks as a whole
    2. The room. Is it a grand ballroom, or something else?
    3. Flowers or BM dresses... but that may be because I always thought I would want x or y.

I never pay attention to the little things (napkins, chairs, table cloths, etc.) but for my wedding I wanted it done a certain way regardless, I knew people probably wouldn't notice the upgraded chairs or stupid crap, but I wanted it so I could look at it and think o0o pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Top 3:  Brides Dress, Bride/Groom/BP interaction, DJ/Music

Coolest thing I've seen:  Submarine cake made by Charm City Cakes in Baltimore (from the show Ace of Cakes)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  Definitely the bride - dress, hair, jewelry, flowers, makeup - everything! 
    2.  Music - I loooove a good wedding band.
    3. Ambience - the feeling you get when you walk into a room is crucial!

I'm also a sucker for good hors d'oeuvres!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1) Bride's gown and overall look
    2) ditto MH, I always notice if a Bride and Groom don't go around to tables thanking people for coming
    3) Food.

I'm not sure what the coolest thing I've seen is.....my friend Christy had a halloween themed wedding and her cake was pretty awesome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  Dress and overall bride look
    2.  Location/Ambience
    3.  Cake/desserts (Sorry, I can't help it - I love desserts!)
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_top-3-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:57d9a2e9-4399-4ee5-ae9b-5ae381ab01f8Post:4f2fd311-82d0-4146-af80-9e04a54d3394">Re: Top 3 Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]2) ditto MH, I always notice if a Bride and Groom don't go around to tables thanking people for coming
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

We didn't do this. We attended our cocktail hour and hit everyone there, along with the Bride and Groom receiving line at church so we could enjoy the day. We ate/danced and had a great time. I felt bad for like .25 seconds. Ooops...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, you got around to everyone and had a receiving line, so I wouldn't judge you.  We aren't having a receiving line and I don't think we'll have much time in our cocktail hour, so we're planning to try and hit the tables during dinner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_top-3-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:57d9a2e9-4399-4ee5-ae9b-5ae381ab01f8Post:d76cac07-e35d-4c2e-8c3f-813ca9dffa3a">Re: Top 3 Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 3 Things : We didn't do this. We attended our cocktail hour and hit everyone there, along with the Bride and Groom receiving line at church so we could enjoy the day. We ate/danced and had a great time. I felt bad for like .25 seconds. Ooops...
    Posted by ButtonsPepper[/QUOTE]

We will not got to table either. If you don't make it to cocktail to be greeted tough luck. I am putting out a ton of money I am enjoying my wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I meant more of the interaction between the bride and groom and them with the BP.  I like seeing the connection between the bride and groom, especially if they're a couple that I dont get to see together often.  And I know that there are usually issues with the bridal party during planning, so I like to watch and see if they are snarky to each other... which sometimes they are!  lol.

I'm a people watcher (confession)...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We aren't having a sit-down meal - no assigned seating - so if I see you and say hello, I do.  If not, tough sh*t!  I also plan on bouncing around (and boozin it up) during cocktail hour.  I don't want to be one of those people who "can't get drunk" at our wedding.   I want to get tipsy like everyone else! 
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, maybe just because I'm having a snarky day, but --

1) How the guests interact and if everyone is having a good time or it's only the bride and her drunk sorority sisters.
    2) The bride and FOB as they walk down the aisle -- are they talking to one another, does she look blissed out or totally uncomfortable, etc.
    3) B&G's interactions with guests. I think there is a way to work the room without having to miss the fun of your reception -- or at least I hope there is!

My mom is pretty set on having a receiving line, which I wasn't all about at first, but I think will be good because I will at least have met all of Paul's relatives before the reception begins.

I'm going to have to think about the coolest/most unique thing!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MH - gotcha!  Sorry bout that.

We are doing a yichud after our ceremony, which means FI and I run and hide to be by ourselves for about 10-15 minutes.  After that, I was hoping to get some post ceremony photos with just us up in the suite.  Then I'll be bustling my dress and getting ready for the reception.  Our cocktail hour is only about 45 minutes, so I'm not sure I'll make it down there.  Plus, as silly as it is, I admit I'm terrified of someone coming forward to congratulate me, tripping, and dumping a glass of red wine on me before the reception has even started. :-(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) Dress/overall look. I guess I will group BM dresses in here too.
    2) Music.
    3) Food.

I can't think of any thing that cool.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cara- Someone I know had that happen! They bumped into her when she was holding her red wine! All down the front of her :(  Lots of her pics are in b&w because of it. I would be PISSED if someone knocked into me and made me stain my dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_top-3-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:57d9a2e9-4399-4ee5-ae9b-5ae381ab01f8Post:fa9db516-b282-435d-a886-081778c0ed5d">Re: Top 3 Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cara- Someone I know had that happen! They bumped into her when she was holding her red wine! All down the front of her :(  Lots of her pics are in b&w because of it. I would be PISSED if someone knocked into me and made me stain my dress.
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

That's it.  Since I can't say "no red wine at the wedding" I'm going to avoid my cocktail hour.  Maybe I can convince someone to bring me up some spring rolls.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmmm maybe I will tell the vendor no red wine unless served with dinner?!?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awe don't miss cocktail hour! But yea just make your BP get your snacks and drinks for you! I understand accidents happen but really? You have many many many pics taken that day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't plan on holding any glasses of red wine myself, but I'm afraid of someone else's glass tipping.  I hate crowds anyway, so add the paranoia of the dress to the mix..... if it were the end of the night, I would be less bent out of shape about it. But at least let me get into the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this is true! LOVE the new siggy pic! (well you already knew I loved that pic)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, you won't be able to hold me back from my cocktail hour.  It's the one part I'm most looking fwd to!

1. Bride and bridesmaid dresses
    2. Food.
    3. Overall vibe - you can tell how fun a couple is by the vibe of their wedding.

I'm hoping if other people are noticing this stuff, we'll go 3 for 3 Wink

Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Bride: her dress, her facial expressions, her attitude
    2.  Reception location: ambiance, even the temperature of the room.
    3.  Amount of bartenders for the size of the guest list:  I hate standing in line forever.  Sometimes I feel like I'm at the theater if I have to wait too long.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1: overall look off everyone including guests!
    2: how the tables look in the reception
    3: watching the stupid drunks take glasses on the dance floor more than once and drop them, thankfully they won't be at my wedding and that they aren't my friends!

Cara - you bring up a great point! I remember when my sister was at the after party pub crawl, someone spilled a bit of beer on her dress, thankfully it was at the end of the day. A nice trip to the dry cleaners we trust got it out!
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards