Hawaii
Options

Keep the feedback on the new format coming!

They're going to continue to roll out features in the coming week, but if there are any issues (like error messages - I'm getting tons of those), post 'em here, and hopefully the IT gods will smile down upon us.

Re: Keep the feedback on the new format coming!

• Options
    ~BFF~~BFF~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's nice that the reply box is already open.  BUT, there is way too much stuff going on, so it takes a long time for posts to load.  Is there an option to NOT see all the community stuff on the side or the ads on the right? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it is a very busy page. I also feel like some of the replies to posts are missing. I know I replied to some posts last night and my responses are not there now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IDK what the deal is but I cant see anything but like an inch of viewing space when Im looking here on my netbook.  The videos and ads take up the whole space.
  • Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and while trying to leave this msg board i got this error:

Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    TheKnot.Community.Forums.Utility.PluckHelper.GetRecentDiscussions(String forumKey) +522
    TheKnot.Community.Forums.Web.UserControls.MostRecentlyActive_Forum.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +268
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +41
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +131
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +65
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2427

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really am not a big fan of the HUGE ad space.  I can hardly see any of the messages and it is a little bit of a pain.  And I haven't figured out how to easily hit a button to get back to the message board.l  Not sure if that is an option!! 

But... I LOVE all the editing options for your posts!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also.... when you 'collapse' the knot tv area... the tv program starts up again! any way to disable that?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You can get rid of the tv completely by right clicking the Hawai'i link at the top of the page, and selecting "open in new tab". Bookmark that page, and you'll be tv free.

The ads are here to stay, I'm afraid. So, on the netbook, the column with the text space reduces in size, but the others do not? Is that what you're saying?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I got the same error messages multiple times last night and some of my posts from yesterday are also missing. So, it's not just you!
  • Options
    LilSwtAzynLilSwtAzyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't like it!!!! Tooo busy and yuck.. i miss our old knottie page. Feels like coming home from college and everything is different at home!
    Planning BIO! / Halekulani / Aug 29 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like others have said, there is a LOT going on, even if you open up in a new window to get rid of the TV, so it's kind of slow.
    This might sound kind of weird, but the threee-column format makes me feel virtual-claustrophobia!
    And have all PIP's disappeared?
    I promise to also comment when I find changes I like. I do see that inserting pictures will probably be easier now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too agree that its overly Busy.
    Takes longer to load.
    I miss the old style :(
    http://tinyurl.com/27hpnuk Christie & Daryl, May 10, 2010 - Paradise Cove, Oahu, Hawaii
  • Options
    shaunac808shaunac808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there anyway search the boards for messages that were posted further in the past (more than a couple months ago)?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree about this weird three column format... I feel like I shouldn't have to scroll down so much to read messages! It should be wider! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it will just take some getting used to...change is hard.  The new posting features are great and make linking and PIPing much easier.  However, it takes me about 3 seconds for a page to load, so it makes me not want to read so many posts...I kind of sit and think "Do I really want to read this post?" based on the subject.  It's bad...it's only 3 seconds...but when I'm sneaking at work, I need to make the best use of my time!  I would love an all/mostly text version that will load faster and make better use of the space.  I have a pretty big monitor, and the forum only takes up 1/6th the width of my screen...
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't post from my smartphone anymore. I'm able to do it on TN and also on the old TK, but not on the new one =( With the TN, I have to use the HTML feature to post but at least there was a way to do it, whereas wtih the new TK, there's no HTNL button like there is on TN posting so can't work around it =( I can adjust to change but it sucks when features that we had before gets taken away pr disabled with the change...
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    pbkmompbkmom member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sorry but I hate it.. talkes forever to load, hard to read, really prevents me from checking it as often cause it takes more time to read and load.Must be a better way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Let's talk Positives First -

Love the reply box and insert picture feature.

Negatives -

Way to slow to load.  A lot of times I get frustrated and just go to another site.
    The boards portion is only half my window and I HATE!
    Way too much activity.  I can't focus on what I'm even looking for due to all the hustle and bustle around it.

The positives definitely do not out weigh the negatives.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm still not receiving email replys.  :(
  • Options
    ginajadeginajade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man, can we talk about SLOW!!! 

Comments:

SLOW SLOW SLOW - just like the people above, I only pick one or two posts to actually read because I just don't have that kind of patience to sit around waiting for everything to refresh.

The Knot TV is annoying, I hate how it reloads every time and doesn't even collapse well (thanks for the tip about opening without it - it is way more distracting than it's previous placement and takes up way too much of the window)

The search function seems to actually work now (a positive change) - the old search function always took me to the knot store for reason... HOWEVER, after one search in the "current board", you can't search in the current board again and your only option is to search in "all boards" or to look for someone's bio.

Sigh...
  • Options
    pbkmompbkmom member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Now it won't allow me to post a new thread, it keeps popping up wedb page not found
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been on here in over a week and I'm still frustrated if not more.  It is so slow loading ANYTHING that it takes me way to long to look at .  The knot tv is the most aggravating every.  It takes so long to load you can't do anything else while it's loading.  Can't their be an option to click and watch the tv after the website loads?  I'll give it another week but if I'm still having these issues in a week I'm done with the knot.  My time is to precious.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been on here in over a week and I'm still frustrated if not more.  It is so slow loading ANYTHING that it takes me way to long to look at .  The knot tv is the most aggravating every.  It takes so long to load you can't do anything else while it's loading.  Can't their be an option to click and watch the tv after the website loads?  I'll give it another week but if I'm still having these issues in a week I'm done with the knot.  My time is to precious.
  • Options
    elaineNgeneelaineNgene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very slow.  I keep checking the board every now and then to see if it gets any better.  As much as I'd love to keep "knotting", I don't think it's worth my time to wait for everything to load, or sift through the ads, or what not.  Even though I've read comments about it, I still haven't seen the tv banner (in firefox, or IE) so maybe that's a good thing.

Oh well...
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UGH!!!!

I hate, hate, hate the new format. And I'm so ticked off that all of my old thread posts which I had saved are gone forever now. I don't have the time to go back and figure out how to fix everything...my siggy is gone, my bio doesn't work....and everything is so small and cramped. I hate the tv screen at the top. I haven't even really been on the boards anymore because I don't love it like I used to- and I completely blame the new format. I wish we could sign a petition to make it go back to the old version (and I'm usually very open to change....but in this case, change was not good.)
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh, my bio still works. But BLAH to everything else!!!!

andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm still not receiving email notices for posts I'm watching.  Is anyone else experiencing this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards