Arizona-Phoenix

New Knottie!

Hey!  My name is Brittany and I just got engaged a week ago.  My fiancée and I are planning on Jan 22, 2011 for our date.  We are checking out a venue today.  We are checking out Sheraton at Wild Horse Pass.  I work for the reservation that it is on and fell in love with it....however we are thinking it's going to be out of our price range.  We are also going to look at the Desert Botanical Gardens.  That one looks like it might fit better into our low-as-possible budget.  I plan on DIY-ing it a lot such as on invitations and flowers.  I'm a scrapbooker so....I'm excited to DIY for my wedding!  I heard it gets stressful though....

My fiancee Blaine and I have been dating almost 3 years and met at ASU while working on our bachelors in nursing.  I was already with someone so Blaine and I became really good friends.  However....the chemistry was undeniable!  It was amazing.  After the semester we parted ways and I went back home to WI.  I got a few random texts from Blaine over the summer but I never responded because my boyfriend at the time didn't want me to talk to Blaine.  I returned to Phoenix in July and my boyfriend was supposed to follow me to Phoenix......well he didn't and we broke up.   Incidentally a month later Blaine texted me!  I was on cloud nine.  We saw each other for a few weeks before we made it official and saw only each other.  Amazing!  It was like a dream come true until Paramedic school happened.  Blaine had quit going to ASU for nursing and decided to enroll in Paramedic school.  Paramedic school causes DIVORCES!  I was worried!  We definitely had our ups and down when it came to trying to survive through medic school...but we did it.  He got his paramedic and in the process I quit going for nursing and I got my EMT.  We have had some amazing opportunities come up for our jobs and we have been loving our chosen careers for the past two years.  He is my best friend, my lover and my sanity.  We can communicate without even saying one word.  He cheers me up when I am down or angry.  We completely understand what "a bad day at work" is and if the other doesn't want to talk about it....ok we don't because we already know.  We compliment each other on such deep levels...I never knew it was possible to love someone so much or be loved so much.  We are excited to take this next step in our relationship and start living our lives completely together.  That is our story!   

Thanks for reading!
?My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. The more I give thee, the more I have, For both are infinite.?

Re: New Knottie!

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations on the engagement and welcome to the board!  =)

There's a lot of info around here to make planning easier and less stressfull!

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!  welcome to the boards!  Feel free to ask us questions :)

I love your date, it's my birthday :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'm a January bride too... good luck and have fun planning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nycegrrl99nycegrrl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Knottie-ness! Prepare to lose a lot of time to this site! lol
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congratulations!  The DBG is beautiful!  Let us know when you go check it out!
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ibstephiibstephi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Desert Botanical Gardens is a great place for a wedding - I attended one there many years ago ! 
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! Congratulations. I love your story. :) I have many friends who are EMTs, nurses, etc. so I know your schedules are probably nuts! Good luck balancing wedding planning on top of it all. Happy planning. :)
  • SaraBell36SaraBell36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, congratulations on your wedding and planning!

I am a photographer based mainly in Prescott but I travel all over Arizona. My motto is "beautiful, affordable photographs," and I work really hard to make sure I provide memorable prints, all images on a CD, and a beautiful hardcover book with photos of the day inside. I do all of this for under $1,000.

I am able to save by working a second job and paying myself less for my photography, and by cutting costs in areas like using a free website and not purchasing the copyrights to my photos (this also means you can print and re-print to your heart's desire without having to purchase a copyright from me or anything like that).

My website is www.SaraBellPhotography.weebly.com and I would love for you to consider me! If you have not found someone yet and are at all interested, give me a call or shoot me an e-mail with the date, location, and times of your wedding and I'd be more than happy to give you a price!

Good luck with all of your planning!

Sara
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards