New Jersey
Options

Has anyone ever used The Pros for a wedding? Looking for honest feedback :)

Hi,

I am thinking of usingThe Pros as my photograpy vendor.  They offer what seems to be a very cost effective package: photography, videography and a DJ for $2,000.

I've checked out thir website (http://www.thepros.com/) and their photography and video work seem pretty good. Has anyone worked with them on past events? If so, would you pease share your experience.

Many thanks!

Re: Has anyone ever used The Pros for a wedding? Looking for honest feedback :)

• Options
    Don't do it. They are the jacks of all trades, masters of none. They completely ruined a friend's wedding. Their pics were so bad they had to do a reshoot and their video looks like a drunk man took it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When a price sounds too good to be true, it probably is. 

They are a nationwide company so the samples of their work shown on their website will not  be what you get. If you still want to find out more information about this company, I would meet with them in person and ask to see each photographer's portfolio who works for them, and know who will be taking the photos the day of your wedding. Ask to see albums from one complete wedding, not just their best work. Ask to see multiple albums like this. 

Honestly, based on HobokenBride's comment alone from her friends personal experience, I'd highly advise against them.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_has-anyone-ever-used-the-pros-for-a-wedding-looking-for-honest-feedback?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:01164191-e09a-470d-8d5f-429cf8a94fbcPost:63b1193d-aa95-4b8c-81f2-cae5f4cd590a">Re: Has anyone ever used The Pros for a wedding? Looking for honest feedback :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't do it. They are the jacks of all trades, masters of none. They completely ruined a friend's wedding. Their pics were so bad they had to do a reshoot and their video looks like a drunk man took it.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing. I am heading to their bridal showcase tonight and will ask a bizillion questions and ask for samples.
  • Options
    I've read a lot of great reviews about them on WeddingWire.com and elsewhere. Their combo package you're talking about is a bare bones package though. You will get all 3 services, but it will be the cheapest packages of everything they offer. I've been planning on booking them for videography tomorrow so I hope they aren't terrible!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_has-anyone-ever-used-the-pros-for-a-wedding-looking-for-honest-feedback?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:01164191-e09a-470d-8d5f-429cf8a94fbcPost:b525598e-2d08-429f-a21b-e09754e0a992">Re: Has anyone ever used The Pros for a wedding? Looking for honest feedback :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've read a lot of great reviews about them on WeddingWire.com and elsewhere. Their combo package you're talking about is a bare bones package though. You will get all 3 services, but it will be the cheapest packages of everything they offer. I've been planning on booking them for videography tomorrow so I hope they aren't terrible!
    Posted by Delprisa[/QUOTE]

Please do a search about them on this board, you will find many bad things. In good conscious I have to warn you against it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't heard great things about them either. Sorry. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i will look into, thanks all!
  • Options
    Donnnnnnnnnn't Dooooooo Itttttt!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards