Not Engaged Yet

Picked out my ring setting!!!! kinda long

Sorry this is so long…….My bf and I were in Tampa while he got treatment Mon- and Tues.  We had a few hours each day to kill between his treatments. We have been looking online at some designers since we are custom making my ring.  He suggested while down in Tampa we look, well we went to a store in Clearwater.

They were snotty and rude, My bf's been ill and he has been coughing for over 2 months and they kept giving us dirty looks  They were nice enough to offer him water, but after 45 minutes of me looking at settings I didn’t find anything I liked. Not only did she not even suggest different setting she then proceeded to whisper to her coworker something and passed us off to her and left.

The sales rep didn’t know the answers to anything I asked; she had to leave to ask questions about the price, size clarity it was ridiculous. We then decided to leave and I was very upset since they carry a larger selection of designers. We don’t have where we live and it was highly recommended we go there it was disappointing.  It was like she didn’t think she was going to make any money and didn’t even want to try to suggest anything.

The next day we went to another jeweler locally in Tampa near where we were staying. The lady there was amazing she stayed within our budget for the setting and was more than helpful. We found an antique setting I like with detailed scrolling on the side and small diamonds on the sides of the band. This is amazing because we couldn’t agree on anything before. While we weren’t even planning on buying anything he surprised me and went ahead and bought the engagement setting. It came with the band but he will have time to purchase that later. So now all we need is the diamond. Were looking this weekend to see if we find something locally in fl and waiting on a call from the store to see if their inventory of diamonds could work too. So excited that we found something we both love, and a major step
J

I Cant wait to start my forever with my best friend! To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.~Borrowed this:-)

Re: Picked out my ring setting!!!! kinda long

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you found a setting you both love!

Lots of details in your post! You might consider editing for length next time...? Just a friendly tip.
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the setting!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding a setting both of you love. I don't know why people in jewelry stores feel as if they can get away with awful customer service. That's one the places where people rely on customer service the most, especially for clueless guys who buy a ring without a girlfriend's help.
  • edited December 2011
    @ amsybot....i know right, she could have possibly made a sale if she'd been nicer. Oh well love my setting :-)
    I Cant wait to start my forever with my best friend! To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.~Borrowed this:-)
  • edited December 2011
    YAY for finding your setting!
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Super exciting. I cease to be amazed at all the terrible customer service in the world. BF and I have both worked in customer service, and were both good at it (not that it's hard...), so poor customer service really pisses us off. I find sometimes people in jewelry stores can be especially awful if they think they're not getting a sale out of it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought a car in december and the first place I went to had AWFUL customer service.  He was telling me that I did not need what I wanted and refused to show me the cars I was interested in (which were pricier than the ones he would show me).  I left right then and there, after asking him where the Toyota dealership was :)

You'd think that with big purchases such as jewelry and cars, the customer service would be fantastic.

You got a setting you love from a place that you will always have good memories of! You can rub that in the rude lady's face!
  • edited December 2011
    so true, and we liked her so much we may giver her our diamond sale as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards