Michigan-Detroit

So relieved!

I grew up living with my mom and step-dad.  SD is more like my father and I have been dreading having to have the conversation with my real dad about who is walking me down the isle.  Like literally sick to my stomach, don't want to talk about the sitation.  But to my surprise, when I called my dad today and explained to him that I very much want him to be a part of my wedding but I am having my SD walk me down the isle, he said that he thinks that is a good idea and that SD has been more of a father to me than he has.  That being said, this was still one of the hardest conversations I have ever had to have with him.  And while some of you may think it's impersonal that I called him and told him this over the phone, he lives over an hour away and I rarely see him and when I do, there is usually a crowd of people there.  I feel like I can actually continue on with my wedding planning a little more stress free now.

Thanks for listening ladies!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Brian and Cori 11-19-11

Re: So relieved!

• edited December 2011
    That has to be a load off of your mind. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cori, it sounds like your dad handled it in a very understanding way. I'm sure you felt great relief when it was over. I can totally understand how hard that had to be to do.

Hopefully you can find an important part for him at your wedding to return the favor.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_relieved?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:c35955fb-a576-4277-a1be-2d2234e7ca06Post:dde5ce02-949e-4931-b6b1-a4356635b778">Re: So relieved!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cori, it sounds like your dad handled it in a very understanding way. I'm sure you felt great relief when it was over. I can totally understand how hard that had to be to do. Hopefully you can find an important part for him at your wedding to return the favor.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]
    Sue worded this perfectly and I have nothing futher to add :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad everything went well for you!! I had the same conversation with my dad over the phone so I totally understand. 
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_relieved?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:c35955fb-a576-4277-a1be-2d2234e7ca06Post:dde5ce02-949e-4931-b6b1-a4356635b778">Re: So relieved!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cori, it sounds like your dad handled it in a very understanding way. I'm sure you felt great relief when it was over. I can totally understand how hard that had to be to do. Hopefully you can find an important part for him at your wedding to return the favor.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

Sue said this perfectly.
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's wonderful that your dad was so understanding. glad to hear it'll be less stressful now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agree with Sue - so glad it went better than you expected!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards