Wisconsin

holiday greetings/save the dates

We want to combine our holiday greeting with our save the dates to save money.  Any ideas on how to word it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: holiday greetings/save the dates

• edited December 2011
    Season's Greetings and a Happy New Year

from Bride and Groom

With a New Year we will open a new chapter in our lives, please save the date of X-X-XX for our wedding in Y.  Formal invitiation to follow

With that said - please note anyone you give this card to should be getting an invite.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a word of caution - my cousin did this last year, and I think the 'save the date messsge on the card got forgotten and it was treated more like a holiday card.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I would tend to lean towards keeping the two separate unless you are sending them this holiday season for a wedding next holiday season....otherwise one really has nothing to do with the other.

If you decide that sending them out together is best to save a few $$ then they should be 2 separate entities within that envelope so they don't get lost, overlooked, or thrown out.  Save the dates are usually a postcard or a magnent of sorts ... if someone were to get a holiday card with the STD message written in it, after a few months hanging on the fridge they may forget why it's April and they still have a holiday card up and toss it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Not to mention that a lot of people just don't read holiday cards. I know a number of brides who freaked out after a third of their guests claimed to not have gotten a save-the-date when it was put in with the Christmas card.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards