Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Dave Ryan in the morning...

Anyone hear how will they take it this am? Thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dave Ryan in the morning...

• edited December 2011
    I wanted to listen so bad! My boss came over and chatted with me while it was on, though. Dang it!  What exactly happened? What I caught of it, it sounded like two friends were engaged and one decided to plan her wedding for the week before the others?
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to smack that danielle chick. You get ONE DAY, not a week, month or year.

Kayla basically she kicked a BM out of the wedding because her wedding was a week before hers and she was stealing all her thunder and she wanted her to focus on HER wedding the ENTIRE week before.... So the BM went back and said she was uninvited to her wedding. They got nasty to each other and ended the friendship.

Seriously, it's so stupid. My Cousin and I got engaged around the same time. We both wanted May weddings. Since H is in the military we could only do May 28th. My Cousin knew that, she picked May 14th. 85% of our guest list overlapped and it was FINE. I was excited for her and she was excited for me. She wasn't able to make it to my shower because she was doing stuff for her wedding, but I didn't care.

Both the girls on the show are immature. There are a lot of factors that go into a wedding day. Like when the venue is available, meaning etc. You can't please everyone and each wedding would have been their own wedding. Weddings are personal and for me super hard to compare.
  • EmilyW416EmilyW416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I got really mad in my car. I texted in that its more about the marriage then about the wedding. Both of them made me mad, Danielle at first then her friend. I wonder now how old they are, neither one seems mature enough to get married. I totally agree you get ONE day. Not a week to be all about your wedding. ERRRR
  • edited December 2011
    Danielle set her wedding date for June 2012.  Courtney, Danielle's bridesmaid, got engage some time after Danielle, set her wedding for the week before Danielle's.  Danielle is upset and no longer wants Countney in the wedding.  Danielle felt that Countney was always copying her and this was the last straw. 

So KDWB called Coutney and got both of them on the phone.  Danielle told Coutney that she was tired of Courtney copying her and no longer wanted her in the wedding.  Courtney got upset and started making personal digs at Danielle.  Keep in mind that Courtney never denied copying Danielle, she tried to justifiy her actions.  The call ended with Courtney disinviting Danielle to her wedding.  The friendship is over. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dave-ryan-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f0ade092-0515-4df0-8254-e07ffa0ed30dPost:dd467694-8595-45c2-9c45-902be0292a9a">Re: Dave Ryan in the morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I got really mad in my car. I texted in that its more about the marriage then about the wedding. Both of them made me mad, Danielle at first then her friend. <strong>I wonder now how old they are, neither one seems mature enough to get married.</strong>I totally agree you get ONE day. Not a week to be all about your wedding. ERRRR
    Posted by EmilyW416[/QUOTE]

I thought Danielle said something about being in her early 30's, but I could have been imagining it!

The whole thing was crazy & very irritating!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dave-ryan-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f0ade092-0515-4df0-8254-e07ffa0ed30dPost:ad69214d-5638-49bb-8ebd-2e25e23d79d0">Re: Dave Ryan in the morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dave Ryan in the morning... : I thought Danielle said something about being in her early 30's, but I could have been imagining it! The whole thing was crazy & very irritating!
    Posted by MikeNAndi[/QUOTE]

Then there is no hope for her, part of me wishes she was like 21 and had time to grow up.
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She is giving Danielles a bad name! :)

I went through something very similar to this (minus all the drama). One of my best friends from college got engaged about 9 months after Joe and I and also wanted an Oct 2010 wedding. She ended up choosing a wedding date 2 weeks after mine, so Joe and I got married, went on the HM, came back and when to her wedding. It actually worked really well.

I do have to be honest though that right when she told me she wanted to get married during the same time I was and got engaged after me my first thoughts were not good. You plan and plan for something and just want it to be as special as it can be. And while I agree with what you girls are saying that your wedding is ONE day, the wedding celebration stuff lasts much longer than that. There are a bunch of pre parties - showers, bachelorette party, even dress fittings with the BMs. My friend and I literally took our calendars out and marked off days at one point so we wouldnt overlap all our stuff (we were both a BM in eachothers wedding and had 2 other overlapping BMs).

But after I got over my initial point of jealously (if that is the right word for it) it got WAY better. It actually was really fun to plan our weddings together and go through that stage in life together. We did talk about dates too though before she set her date and she and I both agreed that it shouldnt be back to back weekends for both our sakes - just too much stuff going on. We made it work being 2 weeks apart though but Oct last year was a REALLY busy month for both of us :).
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dave-ryan-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f0ade092-0515-4df0-8254-e07ffa0ed30dPost:31e927d7-e26b-4b9f-8779-9f8008e5222d">Re: Dave Ryan in the morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]She is giving Danielles a bad name! :) I went through something very similar to this (minus all the drama). One of my best friends from college got engaged about 9 months after Joe and I and also wanted an Oct 2010 wedding. She ended up choosing a wedding date 2 weeks after mine, so Joe and I got married, went on the HM, came back and when to her wedding. It actually worked really well. I do have to be honest though that right when she told me she wanted to get married during the same time I was and got engaged after me my first thoughts were not good. You plan and plan for something and just want it to be as special as it can be. And while I agree with what you girls are saying that your wedding is ONE day, the wedding celebration stuff lasts much longer than that. There are a bunch of pre parties - showers, bachelorette party, even dress fittings with the BMs. My friend and I literally took our calendars out and marked off days at one point so we wouldnt overlap all our stuff (we were both a BM in eachothers wedding and had 2 other overlapping BMs). But after I got over my initial point of jealously (if that is the right word for it) it got WAY better. It actually was really fun to plan our weddings together and go through that stage in life together. We did talk about dates too though before she set her date and she and I both agreed that it shouldnt be back to back weekends for both our sakes - just too much stuff going on. We made it work being 2 weeks apart though but Oct last year was a REALLY busy month for both of us :).
    Posted by drdifabio[/QUOTE]

I totally understand how it sucks or can suck...however you handled it like an adult. I swear some people are not happy w/o drama
  • edited December 2011
    Though Daniella did come off as a bridezilla in regards to her wedding date (she went on and on about her wedding thunder), it sounds like the copying thing/ one upping thing has been going on for a while.  And the wedding date was the straw that broke the camels back.  And seriously, who needs a friend who is always imitating or trying to one up you?  That's just annoying and creepy. At least, that's what I got from the conversation. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dave-ryan-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f0ade092-0515-4df0-8254-e07ffa0ed30dPost:94b41b83-f0e0-49bd-a3cd-4c3620365591">Re: Dave Ryan in the morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Though Daniella did come off as a bridezilla in regards to her wedding date (she went on and on about her wedding thunder), it sounds like the copying thing/ one upping thing has been going on for a while.  And the wedding date was the straw that broke the camels back.  And seriously, who needs a friend who is always imitating or trying to one up you?  That's just annoying and creepy. At least, that's what I got from the conversation. 
    Posted by MAYA3300[/QUOTE]

If she did that though why would you have her in your wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dave-ryan-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f0ade092-0515-4df0-8254-e07ffa0ed30dPost:94b41b83-f0e0-49bd-a3cd-4c3620365591">Re: Dave Ryan in the morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Though Daniella did come off as a bridezilla in regards to her wedding date (she went on and on about her wedding thunder), it sounds like the copying thing/ one upping thing has been going on for a while.  And the wedding date was the straw that broke the camels back.  And seriously, who needs a friend who is always imitating or trying to one up you?  That's just annoying and creepy. At least, that's what I got from the conversation. 

As a friend you should know this though, and expect the wedding to be no different. I would not have had her in my wedding, nor shared any details knowhing this. In the end I would have avoided this dramatic blow up bu that's just me.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dave-ryan-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f0ade092-0515-4df0-8254-e07ffa0ed30dPost:53e78314-b077-4307-b7c9-57c22962104a">Re: Dave Ryan in the morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dave Ryan in the morning... : As a friend you should know this though, and expect the wedding to be no different. I would not have had her in my wedding, nor shared any details knowhing this.<strong> In the end I would have avoided this dramatic blow up bu that's just me.
    </strong>Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

Thats how I see it too. I think she just thrives off of drama or something. One day is not worth ending a realtionship
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe KDWB can do a follow up.  And we all can find out why Danielle asked Courtney to be in her wedding.  Maybe Courtney was angling to be a bridesmaild.  Maybe Danielle needed another bridesmaidl.  Who knows.   In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dave-ryan-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f0ade092-0515-4df0-8254-e07ffa0ed30dPost:85ed11e6-f14b-405c-a81f-69e6632f8372">Re: Dave Ryan in the morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dave Ryan in the morning... : If she did that though why would you have her in your wedding?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dave-ryan-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f0ade092-0515-4df0-8254-e07ffa0ed30dPost:7e43ec4e-0e5a-47da-9755-81e5d310e25d">Re: Dave Ryan in the morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe KDWB can do a follow up.  And we all can find out why Danielle asked Courtney to be in her wedding.  Maybe Courtney was angling to be a bridesmaild.  Maybe Danielle needed another bridesmaidl.  Who knows.   In Response to Re: Dave Ryan in the morning... :

So if you had a friend who you really didnt like and who copied you asked to be in your wedding you would let them? Then created a whole sh!t storm of drama by bitchin them out on the radio?
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know these people.  I don't know why she chose Courtney as a bridesmaid.  I don't know why she brougth this to KDWB.  We're all speculating here about their actions, intentions, and motivations.  The only person who can answer those question is Danielle.  And I don't know her, and have no idea if she's on the knot.  If she is, maybe she'll make her presence known.  I think they're both in the wrong here. 

However, it sounds like you're personally directing your question at me and how I would respond.  I don't care if a friend chooses to have her wedding the week before or the week after mine.  It's not that big of a deal.  And if someone annoyed me that much, I would not invite them to be in my wedding or to the wedding.  And I certainly would not air this on the radio.  If you weren't personally directing your question to me, then I apologize for reading too much into your response. 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dave-ryan-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f0ade092-0515-4df0-8254-e07ffa0ed30dPost:9d8276c0-b744-4e99-8697-7353852bf4b6">Re: Dave Ryan in the morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dave Ryan in the morning... : So if you had a friend who you really didnt like and who copied you asked to be in your wedding you would let them? Then created a whole sh!t storm of drama by bitchin them out on the radio?
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just want to hear the segment! But from what I've read here, I was thinking "Hey, that's like OUR Danielle!" but knowing that there's no way it would be because "our" Danielle is classy and not a drama queen. :) 
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    Debbie Emily linked the actual audio segment on Chit Chat. In case you are still interested.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maya thats my point if someone was that anoying to you, then you would not have them a part of your bridal party.

Theres the link to the podcast!

http://daveryanshow.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=podcast_dailyclips&selected_podcast=dave061611_howwilltheytakeit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards