New York-New York City
Options

Printing question for DIY...

I have already designed my invitation and will be ordering my pockets soon (I have time, so I'll wait for another good sale).  The only thing left to do is print.

Initially I thought about getting the cardstock and printing them myself, but now I wonder if the invites will have a nice look.  Wondering if any brides opted to instead take their designs to a printer and if so, where did you go and how did they turn out?  What type of printing did you go for and was it cost-effective?  And did you supply the card stock (if so, was it already cut or did you just use 8 1/2 x11, I need 5 5/58 squared invites) or just purchase them from the printer?

And for those that opted instead to print at home, where you okay with the final look?

Appreciate your feedback, thanks in advance.

Re: Printing question for DIY...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We printed ours at home.  My H has a really nice photo printer and I think they looked great.  We printed everything except the RSVP cards on precut cardstock.  The RSVP cards were just too small so we used the big sheets and cut them down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome.  Did you find yourself using a lot of ink, though even if you did, I'd guess it's still better than shipping them out.

I have a pretty good printer that also has printing capabilities for photos, so I am going to get new catridges and do a few runs to see how they come out.  I'm going to do the rsvp, reception cards anyway, so I guess if I don't like how those come out, I'll know not to do the invites as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using my laser printer and the invites are already cut up for me.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can get the invites pre-cut, haven't decided if I'll do that.  I'll have to do lots of cutting anyway so if I get full sheets of cardstock, it won't matter much.  I've got all winter to do 70 invites, so at least I won't be bored.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards