Destination Weddings Discussions

A thought for Thursday...

I have off today and woke up to the sweetest text from my FI (I was half asleep when he left this morning), and it got me thinking how lucky I am and how even though I would never have guessed this where I'd be in life if you asked me 10 years ago... I couldn't imagine being anywhere else!

This got me thinking if life had panned out for you ladies... Are you where you thought you'd be? Planned, hoped for?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: A thought for Thursday...

• For me, as I said... It's not at all. 10 years ago I was graduating college to be a teacher and swore that by the age 30 I'd be teaching, married and have kids... HAHA... Well I guess its true that everything happens for a reason, as if it didn't, I wouldn't have met my FI and be happier thane ever been. Though I do miss teaching...
  • I would have NEVER imagined being where I am today!  

I am so happy that the cards turned for me!  Looking back if things would have worked out the way I wanted them to even just 5 years ago I would have been in a worst place.  I'm so thankful and happy that DH and I started dating even after we had been friends for 11 years.. He changed my life completely!
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • I am not where I thought that I would be but I am happy where I am.  I figured by now I would be happily married with 2 kids and a house.  Did I ever think that I would be divorced? Nope but I definitely knew that it was inevitable.  Better sooner than later is what I say.  Now I am with the man of my dreams who is completely amazing and makes me feel special everyday and I wouldn't change that for anything!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Yes and no.

10 years ago-NEVER. I always thought I'd marry younger and have kids at 25-26. I knew I'd marry FI. Always.

Had we done this, we'd be divorced. No question. We were too young and I'm SO glad we held off. So while it didn't go as I had planned 10 years ago, it's going according to plan now :)  I'm glad we waited and I focused on career vs kids. Now to just make the rest of my master plan fall into place.....
  • Not at all and I am so glad things didn't go as "planned".  First off, my FI is a MUCH better man than that person I was dating 10 years ago, in so many ways!  Secondly, I too used to picture myself married with kids by the age of 25.  When I was about to reach 25 I pushed that age to 27, then at 27 still wasn't ready, lol!  I am SOOOOO ready now!!!  Especially with my FI, he will make a great husband and an even better father, God willing!! 

I never really had any career goals/thoughts, just new I wanted a job with a salary as I was working in retail while in college and it sucked!  Actually, it's working in retail that gave me the push to actually go to college.  I didn't like how store managers and even customers treated me/talked to me, just b/c I was their cashier.  I picked a career path right away and now I have my Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and am going for my CPA license...I am proud of myself and my family is proud of me, which is  a great feeling!
  • Def never guessed I would be where I am now. My career is diff as of 10 years ago I would have thot I was married with a kid my now. Granted I am 25 so didn't have too many goals when i was 15! I have dated a couple great men and Def a couple not so great. Even tho they were great then and i pictured myself marrying them,I grew up and I changed as did they.
    Anniversary
  • I am no where near in the place that I dreamed I would be 10 years ago career wise, I thought I would be a teacher, but ended doing what I always said I wouldn't do, which is hotels. Relationship wise I thought I would have been married by now and starting with kids already. But I am not ready for kids at all lol. I am ssoo glad I changed my life goals about 5 years ago. I am a million times happier! 

That was an awesome thought for today! You never stop and think about things like that, thank you for the inspiration!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aw you're welcome Christina! Lately I've been feeling a little lost when it comes to my career. I don't love where I am right now and not really sure what to do about it. However I'm reminded everyday how lucky I am every day with my fiancé, and if it wasn't for my forced career change, we would've never met!
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Never in a million years. I was with my XH for 7 years before we got married. Things got bad so fast, and I left after 13 months of marriage. I'm still somewhat upset that it happened like that but then I realize I never would've met my new hubby. I couldn't ask for a better man to be a step father to my daughter and to grow old with!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I never thought that far out. Ten years ago I would have been 16 going on 17... at that age, I was just thinking about finishing HS, I was an art geek, loved comic books, and was never too popular with the boys lol. If someone told me that I would have an exciting job with kids and families, have a pretty good run in the modeling industry and be marrying a terrific man who loves me to death. I probably would have said no!!! I am not getting married ever! I think I am in a place that is better than i could have hoped for. I think it is suprising where life can take us.

Great post Jules!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd say nope my life absulutely is not where I'd thought it would be.  Got off to a rocky start but just thank god that I am alive to tell about it and have my beautiful children and loving FI in my life today
  • This is an interesting topic, since I was talking to one of my really good friends about it last night. We both pictured being married by our mid twenties. I was engaged at 21 and thought the guy was my soulmate. Thankfully those dreams didn`t come true, because I would never be the person I am today had I stayed with him. Plus I wouldn`t have the wonderful man I have now. I am very thankful things turned out the way they did, heartbreak and all.... because it was all worth what I have now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No way! For one I thought i'd never get married. Well, we all know how that turned out. Hehe DH is so sweet, too. All my relationships before him was just one big jerk after another. Also I grew up pretty poor and was a teen parent so getting my degrees, owning a house, etc are things I never thought i'd have. I'm so happy in my life and where I am sometimes I can't believe this is really my life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards