Pre-wedding Parties

Tool Party for Groom

Are any of you having a Tool Party or something similar for your future husband? Something that the Best Man could host and invite fathers, uncles, male cousins, etc? I had never heard of such a thing until a few weeks ago when a friend of mine did this. I like the idea because it gives the groom a chance to get manly gifts such as drills, saws, etc.

Is this weird? Has anyone else heard of this?

Re: Tool Party for Groom

• frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of this.  My fiance would hate that idea, I'm pretty sure.  
  • amdjellyamdjelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BIL had one and loved it.  FI wants one as well, and his dad (also best man) mentioned throwing one for him early in the engagement, but hasn't said anything since, so I don't think it will happen.  I think it is a pretty cool idea.  Everything with weddings seems to be all about the bride, and people sometimes seem to forget that the groom is getting married too.  Tool showers are a great way to get him involved a bit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SwanyGirly911SwanyGirly911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This seems weird to me....
    I have never heard of it. But I don't think I would like it, nor would FI like it either. He's very particular about the tools he has or gets. And....I think it almost sounds like women need to come bring a gift to the Bride, men need to bring a gift to the groom, and then they both need to come to the wedding and bring a gift together. Seems like a lot of extra greediness. I dunno. Maybe its just me.

If I wasn't having a shower, maybe it would be an option.
  • clpjlsmithclpjlsmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of it, but if someone (one of the guys) wanted to throw him one....let them.  If your fiance is into that stuff it would be fun.  I wouldn't think it's something you or he should suggest.  The other idea (if you plan to remodel or build stuff) is to register at Home Depot, I have heard of that. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards