Vermont

Vermont DJ and Photographer

Hello! We are in process of planning our July 3rd Vermont wedding. I just wondered if anyone had any good recommendations for a DJ under $1,000, and a photographer under $1,500? Thanks!

Re: Vermont DJ and Photographer

• edited December 2011
    Supersounds is great although they may be slightly over your budget. But I have only heard great things about them. We are going with Dual Image Photography. They are a two person team working out of Montpelier. Check out their website. I'm not sure what style photographer you are looking for but they were both extremely friendly and excited about photography in general.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Soundrock too. They are a good company. Still expensive (in my opinion), but cheaper than Supersounds or any of the other companies we researched. There are cheaper companies out there, but I've heard mixed reviews on them.
  • edited December 2011
    You can try starlite DJ they are on the web and I will actually give you a name and number to call for a photographer who while is amateur is amazing. She did my photos for our wedding and I am pleased as punch and she would go under 1500 for sure. I work for an event planning company, VIP so I have complete faith in her. her name is Crystal Young and her # is 802-279-0574 Jackie
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where you're from but I'm using a husband and wife DJ/photographer team. She's the photographer (Dona) and he's the DJ (Val). They are out of Burke, Vermont, but I know they've done weddings all the way over in the Stowe area. My package is $1400 for photography (8 hours) and then add the DJ on for $400=$1800 for both. I met with both of them together and they seem like a great team. He's a professional songwriter/singer/radio DJ so he definitely has a good ear for music. Her website is below. Good luck with everything! www.donadavis.com
  • Joeller79Joeller79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a great DJ/live musician Dave Oberacker www.hybridmusic.com He is amazing and can play both live guitar music and sing and also DJ!!! I am not sure what his current rate is but he is really fantastic. I know a ton of wonderful photographers in the area who are reasonable and in VT, it shouldn't be a problem to stay under $1500. Russ Hurlburt http://www.russhurlburtphotography.com/ and Kathleen North is great as well www.north-photo.com. Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions. I was married last April 25th in Turks & Caicos and had my after reception in VT July 18th. Joelle www.easthillevents.com
  • edited December 2011
    pohlman312--can you email me more information about dona and val?  i already called them but had some questions for you as well, i want lots of details!  my email is spinksonburke@yahoo.com.  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using E-Folio entertainment. They have a package price of $1600, and that includes tax. So far, theyve been great.
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone know of any other DJ/Photographer teams besides Dona and Val and E-folio? I have a July 10th wedding this year and am scrambling! Thanks! Sara
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards