January 2013 Weddings

Poor FI

So FI was in a wedding a month ago that he and one of the other groomsmen threw the bachelor paty since BM was in Louisiana and could only make it to the wedding. No big. Well it really meant that FI and I planned this guys bachelor party. Well since then, FI has really been looking forward to his bachelor party. Well his BM doesn't know too many of the other guys so I was kinda facilitating communication. I started a facebook message so that all of them could talk to each other and then I left the conversation. 

Talked to FI's BM today since the party is tonight and BM told me that one of the guys FI wanted to invite has looked at the message but hasn't said anything. It bugs the crap out of me because this is the kind of guy who, if something better comes along, he'll go do that instead which is what I'm afraid has happened with this party. and as such, he has not told his buddies who FI also wanted to invite but who I am not friends with therefore could not include on the message about it, so that's three people who won't be there for FI tonight all because of one wanker. 

Grrr...just bugs me because I know how much FI was looking forward to this. :( 

Re: Poor FI

• That sucks. But he will still have a good time so I guess there is an upside!

I totally feel you on this one. We don't have a wedding party, but FI has 4 brothers (2 of which live within 10 minutes of us that he is really close to). When we got engaged they had talked about planning something for him , and his mom had talked about throwing a bridal shower for me. Fastforward to now, nothing. My mom was bummed because she wanted to throw a shower, but FMIL told her she would probably do it. FI is bummed because he wanted a chance to hang out with all his brothers and a couple friends. Oh well.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_poor-fi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:551dd1a8-24b1-4c97-8c45-d31fc91d7f21Post:91fe49ca-15b2-4251-a91b-dae830845227">Poor FI</a>:
    [QUOTE]So FI was in a wedding a month ago that he and one of the other groomsmen threw the bachelor paty since BM was in Louisiana and could only make it to the wedding. No big. Well it really meant that FI and I planned this guys bachelor party. Well since then, FI has really been looking forward to his bachelor party. Well his BM doesn't know too many of the other guys so I was kinda facilitating communication. I started a facebook message so that all of them could talk to each other and then I left the conversation.  Talked to FI's BM today since the party is tonight and BM told me that one of the guys FI wanted to invite has looked at the message but hasn't said anything. It bugs the crap out of me because this is the kind of guy who, if something better comes along, he'll go do that instead which is what I'm afraid has happened with this party. and as such, he has not told his buddies who FI also wanted to invite but who I am not friends with therefore could not include on the message about it, so that's three people who won't be there for FI tonight all because of one wanker.  Grrr...just bugs me because I know how much FI was looking forward to this. :( 
    Posted by heroeswearbrown[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>lol i kept reading "BM" as bridesmaid... I'm assuming you mean best man?  I think it's the best man's job to act as the big boy and communicate with your FI's friends and the other men standing up with FI but it looks like it's a little late for that with the party being tonight.  Some people won't come *shrug* what ya gonna do?

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards