Moms and Maids
Options

XP Need ideas for a long distance shower...if it's possible

My sister is getting married in May in Texas. I'm her MOH.  Our family, another BM and several of her other friends all live up here in Ohio. She can't afford to come up here before the wedding and none of us can go down there.  Is there anyway to do a shower of some sort?  Is a long distance shower possible?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: XP Need ideas for a long distance shower...if it's possible

• Options
    The whole point of a shower is to give the bride gifts and to watch her open them, so I'm not sure how a long distance shower would be possible.

Showers aren't mandatory.  Maybe coworkers or local friends in Texas will put something together for her.  I'm just not sure how you and the other BMs in Ohio could make it happen.
  • Options
    CFM102012CFM102012 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    That's kind of what I thought.  She hasn't mentioned if her one local BM, her FMIL, or coworkers have offered a shower.  Our mother and I feel bad that she isn't getting a lot of the "experience" (for lack of a better word). Mom wasn't there when she found her dress, nor for her first fitting yesterday.  I wish there were other ways I could help out other than just being a sounding board.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    While I understand you want to give her more of the bridal experience and I know you mean well, I don't think a long-distance shower is a great idea. I think it's kind of gift-grabby, because it would be sort of like asking people to send her another gift.

Why not use the money you would put towards a gift/shower towards something else to make her feel special? 

Take her out for a mani/pedi when you all go down to the wedding. Or send her a care package with some bridal magazines, and pampering stuff (tea/wine, spa stuff, etc). Make her a video about how excited you are for her and how much you love her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards