Florida-North Florida

Need Help / Recommendations for Babysitter

It has been a while since I posted. To all the newbies, hello. And to all the regulars, how have you been?

I am wondering if somebody can recommend any babysitters. Our friends are bringing their two year old and I think it would be great to provide a babysitter during the wedding so that Mommy and Daddy can have some fun... Being not from the area and having no kids of our own, FI and I are at a lost of who to go to (and I definitely don't want to go on craigslist for this). The wedding is at Ponte Vedra Beach. Anyone who know of any interested parties, can you please email me at christina (dot) xt (dot) lau (at) gmail (dot) com?

Thanks!

Re: Need Help / Recommendations for Babysitter

• LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girl, glad to see you on here :) Your big day is so close, I hope everything is going well :) I'll ask my boss if she has anyone she recommends since I don't have any kids either!
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for asking! I am so nervous now. People always say the last month goes the fastest and I am freaking out on the little details that are still left on my list!

• edited December 2011
    Hey Christina!

I can't help you with the babysitter part but I just wanted to say Hey!  and check in on you!  It's almost showtime for both of us!

I don't know about you... but I'm in total freak out mode!!  I take pepto on a daily basis because I feel so sick when I get up in the morning... my brain is mush... and my decision making ability is non-existant at this point!  LOL

I Just finally did my carbox today... took up my entire day off (when you add in a trip to Lowe's and 2 trips to Hobby Lobby!)

I hope all is well on your end.. and hopefully you're staying more sane than myself!

~Alissa
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • CaelasmomCaelasmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
      The Department of Children and Families has a website that has a list of providers who are licensed or registered in your area.  You can search by alot of parameters.  Here's their link.

http://dcfsanswrite.state.fl.us/Childcare/provider/
  • doc1026doc1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Christina-

I hope you are doing well. For us October brides, I can't believe its next month! I have a 100 little details to work out but am sooo excited.

Good Luck with the rest of your planning!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Alissa and Katie,

I hear ya on the 30 days countdown. I have so much to work on too and I am just trying my best to prioritize. I have already X'ed out a bunch of little stuff that goes in the OOT bag (I am just like you know what, 2 water bottles, a brochure, and some homemade snacks is enough) Anyway, if you girls want a break and have a drink, let me know. BTW, I got my driver's license so I can go anywhere I want now without having Flo drive me around.

Alissa, that is a very cute card box! It is totally worth the 2 trips to Hobby Lobby!

• doc1026doc1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am down for a drink. My FI started a new job and travels during the week so I get lonley :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I crash the October brides drinks get together? :) Would love to see y'all too :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thursdays usually work best for me... Let me know what works you gals and I will figure out my schedule

• edited December 2011
    I don't know what I'm able to fit into my schedule at this point... but let me know what you figure out and I will see if I'm able to make an appearance!  :)
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • doc1026doc1026 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This week is horrible for me but next week THursday would work great.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can do next Thursday also :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards