Gothic Weddings

With hair issues in the spotlight (PIP)

Ok, so there's been some conversation about hair lately, and it's something I'm constantly thinking about. I have come across so many cute hair accessories on etsy and other sites, but I still don't know what I want. Originally I was planning to have a veil with black lace as a trim, but now my hair is too short for that. I plan on keeping it short. I don't like headbands or little barrettes. I would LOVE to have a real flower in my hair, but how do I get it so it stay where it's supposed to be for the whole wedding??? Any thoughts? I suppose I could put it on a barrette or really strong clip. Does that sound like it would work?

Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: With hair issues in the spotlight (PIP)

• edited July 2010
    Ok, so there's been some conversation about hair lately, and it's something I'm constantly thinking about. I have come across so many cute hair accessories on etsy and other sites, but I still don't know what I want. Originally I was planning to have a veil with black lace as a trim, but now my hair is too short for that. I plan on keeping it short. I don't like headbands or little barrettes. I would LOVE to have a real flower in my hair, but how do I get it so it stay where it's supposed to be for the whole wedding??? Any thoughts? I suppose I could put it on a barrette or really strong clip. Does that sound like it would work?

• Maybe talk to your florist and see if she's done anything like that before. I really don't have much advice when it comes to hair, sorry!
  • What about wiring fresh flowers of your chice to a comb? The kind with double teeth (beauty supply store has small ones for $1.99 and large ones for $3.99) are designed for shorter hair. A little floral wire and ribbon and I bet it would be gorgeous.

I really hate these flowers but i know you have an amazing garden

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_gothic-weddings_hair-issues-spotlight-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:673Discussion:8d7513e1-a0b4-4536-9e96-a3bb351f1373Post:a5c3277a-f7cf-4b59-b100-2361de97d359">Re: With hair issues in the spotlight (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about wiring fresh flowers of your chice to a comb? The kind with double teeth (beauty supply store has small ones for $1.99 and large ones for $3.99) are designed for shorter hair. A little floral wire and ribbon and I bet it would be gorgeous. I really hate these flowers but i know you have an amazing garden
    Posted by nycegrrl99[/QUOTE]

I like this, i have seen some cute DIY flower and wire workings and I really like them.
    Photobucket

We make the sun shine... Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks! I think I'm going to take a trip to the beauty supply store. Maybe I can try to rig something up and test is out and see how long it will actually stay in my hair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards