Indiana-Indianapolis

Allison Mayer Photography

Has anyone or is anyone using her?  Her prices are AWESOME!  Too good to be true?

http://allisonmayer.com/

Re: Allison Mayer Photography

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No clue about her, but I highly recommend Jacquie Carman out of the Columbus area.  She's a former Knottie and is awesome.  Our package was $950 and included epics, rehearsal, all day for the wedding, DVDs with rights to print everything and a $200 print credit.  http://www.jacquiecphotography.com/.  Just a warning, she had a baby this last week, so she'll be slow to respond to emails.  But she's totally worth it!
  • rufie808rufie808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've never heard of her either but my gf used Stacy Able out of Columbus for her wedding and reception and I was in total AWWWWW with her photos!! They were simply AMAZING! You could at least check her out and see what she can do for you!!!!!  http://stacyable.com/weddings/#/page/9d19/love/

• vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
  • AnnaScarlettAnnaScarlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used her.  She was fantastic!  And no her prices aren't too good to be true, send her an email and ask her why they are so low.  She is super nice and will gladly explain it too you.  I'm the one with the blondest hair you have ever seen :)  Send me a PM for my email if you want to chat more. You won't regret hiring her or the money you saved. :D
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Anna!  I was hoping somebody has used her, and I'm glad you have such great things to say about her.  I want to book her as soon as my date is finalized!
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone have contact info for Allison Mayer? I tried to look online but the screen won't pull up?

Also I'm on a tight buget, does anyone have a good photographer for under $1000??

Thanks
    edited December 2011
    aliy@allisonmayer.com
    317-989-2619

her prices range from $200-$1000
  • edited December 2011
    Can you tell me where you were looking? i just pulled up the Allison Mayer website and it says wedding collections start at $4000... ?!?! Maybe i am looking in the wrong section?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_allison-mayer-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:611Discussion:005de976-0402-4eaf-9a3a-86793301fa8bPost:2680e718-93a6-499b-ab2d-0f58a2d6813f">Re: Allison Mayer Photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you tell me where you were looking? i just pulled up the Allison Mayer website and it says wedding collections start at $4000... ?!?! Maybe i am looking in the wrong section?
    Posted by sassychassy8503[/QUOTE]
    Those were her prices about a year ago, maybe she increased them?
  • edited December 2011
    She cancelled my appointment and then didn't contact me back until she said she would no longer a Groupon that I purchased back in January for her service, good through 2012. Question how reliable she is.
  • ThomHeathThomHeath member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She was our photographer and amazing!  I'm guessing the prices were raised?  We paid $3500 with Album. 

I know she had huge problems with Groupon, amoung other things I don't *think* she's been paid and continued to do them out of good faith but had lost thousands and couldn't do them anymore if Groupon wasn't going to follow through. My husband was going to run one for his boat shop but also experienced some shady practices and decided not to. 

I don't know about all that stuff, but as far as wedding photography I couldn't have asked for anything better!  Ask her for references, we did and she was happy to put us in contact with a couple brides and a groom.  She was on time, delivered everything a lot sooner than expected or contracted and it was all top quality. 

Is there a way to post pictures here?  I'd love to share but don't see a place for the photo url?  Darn
  • ksmith987ksmith987 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand she is having difficulty with Groupon.  But we took our photos over 4 months ago and she has not contacted me other than once to state she would have my cd in a week or so.  I believe she does great photos due to what I have seen.  And I am sorry she has had a bad experience with groupon.  But she should still contact the ones she has taken photos of and at least give the courtesy of explaining the situation.  We are waiting on those photos for senior pictures, and family and if she is not going to give them to us then tell me, or at least give me the option to now purchase them form her and take it up with groupon myself.  Just leaving all of clients in the wind is irresponsible of her.
  • zsusanazsusana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely recommend that you not use her.  She will not provide my pictures and has refused to respond to my calls, emails and facebook messages.
  • We had a similar experience. After waiting the customary 6-8 weeks for the proofs, we contacted Ms. Mayer.  She took 2 weeks to respond and sent an e-mail of the following,  "Please Request a Refund from Groupon.  I will be unable to honor Groupons further.  I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."  We have NEVER heard from her again.  We NEVER received any photos and have been ignored on multiple occasions!   Did anything ever come from your contact with her?
  • I hired her for my wedding in summer of 2011. Now, it's May of 2012 and I haven't received my photos or album. I've been trying to contact her since the wedding, but she is unresponsive. I even threatened to file a lawsuit, but she doesn't care.

We only want our pictures, Allison. Please give us our pictures. If it was any other day of my life, I'd just take the pictures all over again with someone else, but I can't recreate my wedding day.

If anyone can help me, please send me a message. I don't know what to do. 
  • Allison Mayer is a thief. She recently rented some lenses and never returned them. She has fallen of the face of the earth and will not reply to phone calls or emails. Be on the lookout for her. She is as dishonest as they come. We are filing charges this week with the Camel Police department. I will let you know how it all turns out.

• My wedding was June 2, 2012. I should have known something was up when I couldn't get ahold of her 3 weeks before the wedding. She did show up, took some amazing pictures, and put teasers on Facebook and they look great. Unfortunately, that was pretty much the last I got from her. She was supposed to have a disc of pictures to us by June 30. I have nothing. She does not respond to calls or email. I finally went to her home where she lives with her parents. She was not home, so her poor parents were forced to offer apologies and excuses for their dishonest and irresponsible daughter. I felt bad for them. I will be going the route of the previous poster and taking her to court, but I am not hopeful. Wedding pictures are irreplaceable and no amount of money will ever make up for losing them. DO NOT HIRE ALLISON MAYER. If you do, certainly don't pay her in full before the event like I did. I am such a sucker. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards