Attire & Accessories Forum

HELP for a country wedding attire!!

I am planning a small country wedding in a small town in Florida. EVERYONE here that plans a wedding with a similar theme has the bride and her maids in cowboy boots. I was hoping someone would have a unique idea in place of the boots to make it more original. Any advice would be appreciated :]

Re: HELP for a country wedding attire!!

• Well, having boots is quite a good idea... Sounds fun to me.
    Why not having something like this,
  • What color dresses are you planning? Do you have an accent color?

I think being different by NOT choosing boots is good enough. You could have the bridesmaids wear flats/heels of their choosing in a bold accent color (keeping in mind you should probably pay for them). You could have each girl carry a different bouquet of wildflowers or use babysbreath.

• I like the wildflowers bouquets, but other country themed options may be printed sundresses instead of traditional BM dresses (think Miranda Lambert without the boots), men in vests instead of full suits, decorations using mason jars and/or daisies and sunflowers
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I like the sundresses idea. My cousin got married in her dad's pasture with the reception at the barn. She came to the ceremony by way of horse and carriage and carried Gerbera daisies.
  • I always like heels with formal wear.
  • I'm not quite sure what you're asking, are you asking what shoes to wear instead of boots for  a country them or are you looking for a theme that's different than country in a country setting... or both?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards