New York-New York City

rebar

any ladies doing the sunday package or had their wedding there?  Was curious what the flower arrangements looked like.  Did anyone have over 100 people?  Do they charge per person after that point?  Any other venues similar to rebar or bubbys that is in the price range of 100 pp to look into?  Looking to do Sun or Sat day.  Thanks for your help!

Re: rebar

• wedsuccess03wedsuccess03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't know what they charge, but the Foundry has a similar look/feel as well as the Metropolitan Building. Both in LI City. HTH

• edited December 2011
    I believe the Foundry charges $10,000 just for the space, then you have to furnish everything yourself. I have friends who are getting married at rebar (on a Saturday night) - don't know what they charge, but I believe they are having more than 100 people.
  • alissanicholealissanichole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i'm planning to have my wedding there and here's what i was told:

"If you go over 100, guests up to 125 will be charged at the $100/person rate.  Any guests over 125 will then be charged $150/person."

you can email the venue directly. they're very friendly and quick to answer questions.

• edited December 2011
    Were doing our wedding at Rebar  next month. When i looked into Foundry it seemed ridiculously expensive and im not a fan of hiring caterers. rebar has excellent food.  The same applies to Galapagos (must get outside food). i hear good things about Bubbys which is in the same area.

As for rebar, we  originally had 115 but now are way over that number (at 135) and i believe they charge per person after the 115. We might try to negotiate this.

As for flowers, etc. I really think this place does not require a whole lot because its so beautiful inside and has plenty to look at on the walls. Also all the tables are small so you definitely dont need to get 15 centerpieces or anything.

Im doing 4 centerpieces which im not sure where to put yet. Also making a one flower centerpiece (myself) for all the small tables. Im buying square vases and getting orchids from my florist to put into them.  i might hang some organza on the stairway handles in the  entrance to make it feel more "grand"

hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards