Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Destination Wedding, New Orleans May 2012--Wedding Coordinator/Florist/Makeup?

Hey all,
I live in LA, but have visited NOLA several times and, given my love of good food, good drinks, and good times, figured it'd be the best place for me to tie the knot.

I'm still hashing out the venue details, but did want to see who had personal experience (positive or negative) with local vendors. In particular, I'm seeking a local wedding coordinator, florist, and onsite makeup artist.

Also, as someone who's never planned anything nearly this big, would appreciate any tips/suggestions for an out-of-stater planning an event in New Orleans.

Thank you so much!

Re: Destination Wedding, New Orleans May 2012--Wedding Coordinator/Florist/Makeup?

• Options
    eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Aimee Barousse as a coordinator:

Plan B Production, Inc.
    www.planbproduction.com
    www.neworleansweddingplanner.com

Hours of Operation: Mondays and Fridays: Appointments Out of Office;  Tue, Wed & Thu: 8am - 4pm (CST); After 4pm By Appointment Only Saturdays: By Appointment Only;  Sundays: Closed
    P. 504.309.6002  C. 504.931.8255 E. aimee@planbproduction.com   Fax: 504.322.7618
  • Options
    burnsie36burnsie36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!  I am also from LA and getting married in New Orleans!!  I am having my reception at Loews Hotel and Courtney has been very helpful.  Also, Brenda Sison is a great photographer and I will suggest her.  You can google her and you will see her website.  She use to be a fashion photographer and she is very reasonable.  We haven't had our wedding yet, but I am very excited about her.  I am still deciding on the florist.  I am either going with Nola Flora or Urban Earth. They each have great customer service, and I have seen both of their work.  They are amazing.  Just going with the one who has the right price.  :)

I will keep you posted on as I am still planning my wedding. Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Belle Soiree wedding planning, and Just face it for on location hair and make up. Both are fantastic!
  • Options
    LGJ713LGJ713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Aimee Barousse.  See her contact info above.  She dose an incredible job.  Also, urban earth (florist).
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am still almost a year out from wedding date but i have chosen Belle Soiree Weddings as our planner.  Meredith has been amazing so far and they are soooo much more reasonably priced compared to others :) Good Luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    Nikki with 318 Designs is our planner. She's great and easy to work with.  Her # is 504-615-6958. She also keeps a blog that has plenty of info about getting married in Louisiana.
    I still need hair and makeup so will you guys pass along that info to me?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can only imagine planning from so far away! I had great experiences with the following vendors:

Makeup: Blush & Bashful
    http://www.blushnbashful.com/
    I worked with Nicole and she was fantasic!

Hair: Lauren Payne & Blush & Bashful

Florist: Erin Steen
    esteen123@yahoo.com

Photographer: Ardent Studio
    http://ardentstudio.com/

Venue: Botanical Gardens, New Orleans City Park
    http://neworleanscitypark.com/pavilion.html

Candles/Decor: Luminous Events
    http://www.luminouseventsnola.com/

Good luck!!
  • Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For planning and candle decor check out Lisa at Luminous Events of New Orleans.  I just had my wedding on 3/26 and she was absolutely amazing, priced well and the candles for my centerpieces and ceremony were beautiful!  She is very organized, creative and assertive in a good way.  She took over 2 weeks out and I had not clue about any of the problems that came up.  She can be more involved if you want or less.  She really works to what you want.  

And for hair and make up...Jessica at Just Face It!  She is amazing, sweet and I loved my hair and make up, not to mention it held up through 3 hours of dancing.

Videography, check out Chad Dyle @ www.chaddyleproductions.com.  I haven't seen my video yet, but they were great to work with, were everywhere without us knowing it and they did my sisters wedding a few years back and her video still makes me teary!  

I used Josh Hailey for photography.  He is based out of L.A. now, but comes back to New Orleans for weddings.  He was so much fun and kind of out of the box, easy to work with and takes some unique pictures with his phone, believe it or not!  He came to our rehearsal, gives you all the time you need and all of your pictures.  He even followed me to two fountains in New Orleans and took pictures of me in it.  He's great!!  

Good luck!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Trixie_LaRueTrixie_LaRue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wink event planning is by far my number 1 pick, they do amazing work.
    I have a really good friend that does amazing make up and hair. She doesn't have a salon but will go where ever you need her. She used to be a MAC artist and a darn good one at that. She is doing my make up and the make up for all 8 of my girls. She is also doing my bridal portrait look. Her prices are very budget friendly but her work is worth much more.
    You can email me if you want her info or look at the work she has done. My email is colleennoble@ymail.com

Good luck!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am booked with Brenda Sison too! She is so awesome! Her work is like eye candy. I also like One Louder Productions for video. Bee's florist is my florist, they have a great portfolio!
    Best of luck!
    Katie
  • Options
    amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Manhattan Beach and got married in NOLA last month.  We got married and had our reception at the Maison Dupuy which was absolutely amazing.  It was a beautiful courtyard wedding and the food was to die for.  Christie Anderson handles all the wedding there and she was super helpful with giving recommendations on people she has worked with in the past - she is a true pro.  

I used Christina O'Malley She was very affordable and great to work with.  I actually did everything with her via email and she did a wonderful job.

For hair and make-up I used Two Sisters.  Gina was great and very patient as I was really unsure of what I wanted.  Again, very affordable.

Band - Dr. Jazz - the guys were awesome and customized the music to our needs specifically.  Tons of compliments from the guests.

Photog - the BEST EVER - Babs Evangelista  She is so spunky with tons of creative ideas.  She is more photojournalist style but, I am SOOO happy I found her - and she was willing to work within my budget.

Cake - Haydels - amazing!!

I know it might seem overwhelming to plan from so far away but, it is totally do-able without a coordinator unless you are talking about a huge wedding.

Good luck!
  • Options
    andreacgm3andreacgm3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on ur budget, im not very sure about the makeup because i dont know what kind of makeup u would like but im pretty sure that most of the makeup artist work on site.... Now talking about flowers and event planning the best in new orleans are Bella Blooms flowers and WINK for event planning. yes there are many many options in the city and yes they do a good job but if what u r looking for is absolutly the best then these two are ur best choice (whoever says different is because they cant afford it.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards