Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Well my day got better <----- sarcasm

#1. My work policy for jury duty states anyone on jury duty longer than 30 days will loose their health benefits. My HR person just happened to call me and ask if my dtr was on my benefits and didn't say why which led me to look up the policy. #2 continental airlines told me to pack my dress in my carry on or in a box cause only first class gets the closet. Really??
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Well my day got better <----- sarcasm

• Options
    I talked to some Continental Airlines flight attendants when I was on a flight a couple of weeks ago, and while they didn't say anything about the closet being first-class only, they did mention a third option... Since they have to squish passenger coats and their coats and other stuff into that closet anyway, the dress would get folded, squished, whatever, to make everything fit. If you don't want to pack it (the option I'm taking, since I'll be at my destination for a few weeks before the wedding), they recommended booking a seat as far back in the plane as possible. You'll board first and will be able to lie the dress flat in an overhead compartment - and then monitor as the other passengers put stuff up there too. The flight attendants I spoke with said that as long as you keep an eye on things and make sure others' suitcases go UNDER your dress, so your dress is always on top in the compartment, you should be ok.

At least it's another option...as for the health insurance, that's just terrible!!! :( 
  • Options
    Hmm I wonder how good it would fit up there. My dress is T-length so that could possibly work. I better call a seamstress just in case. I also didn't think about the closet being full and squishy but I wasn't happy when my email said it was for first class!
  • Options
    I would talk to HR. Usually that policy is for 30 consecutive days. I know st my job if you go unpaid from a certain number of days in a row they take you off of insurance.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I can't believe a company would even have that as a policy! Like you choose to be on jury duty. That's ridiculous!
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What Cathy said. I'm pretty sure it's for 30 days striaght. But, I agree with Lora. That is so not cool. 

As far as your dress, just bring it on. What are they going to do? Turn you away? No. That would make them look like as* holes. 
  • Options
    Hmmm Cathy you may be right! I will have to check, if that's the case it doesn't make sense why she asked if my dtr was on my insurance. Even so, it is a dumb policy, I can see if you took that time off unpaid for a vacation or other things but something your subpoenaed to do is dumb! Maybe they will give me first class for free so I can use the closet! Hahahaha
  • Options
    I agree, it sounds like it should probably mean 30 consecutive days for that to make even a shred of sense.... 
  • Options
    Jenn, my flight doesn't even have first class (West Jet).  I'm planning to pre-board, for those who need extra time, and then put my dress on top of our suitcases in the overhead.  A friend did the same thing and said once everyone heard it was her wedding dress, they totally steered clear of her dress.  

• Options
    Thanks! That's what I will try to do. I guess I can ask them when I get there if I can pre-board and see what they say. Hopefully it won't be an issue. I only have one layover so I will try that for my flight in LA as well. I'm gonna call a seamstress on Waikiki just in case I need her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards