Snarky Brides

Thursday!

Morning everyone! I am sooo ready for the weekend. It is STILL snowing here..make it stop!

Buzz--Got a chance to look at the wedding blog you were featured on. So cool!! Your wedding looked beautiful! The venue was georgeous and I loved your colors and bouquet!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thursday!

• Hello! I don't think I know you, but I pop in every now and again :)

This storm we got was disappointing. I'm really starting to not trust weatherman and they just cause more panic! Uhg.
  • Good Morning

I am so excited it is my Friday! our storm was way dissapointing too! not that I want it to be worse or anything!
    I need to talk myself into addressing my invitations..
    I don't want to.
    I still have time but...I just want it done.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Good morning :]

We got a little bit of snow here, nothing too heavy. Its actually kind of pretty.

Apple, I am in the same boat. My invites just came in from Vistaprint yesterday & Im already itching to get them addressed. I really just dont want to worry about them anymore. I got somebody elses order with mine yesterday. They were invites for a grad party. There was an email address on the card, so I emailed asking if they would like me to ship them to their house. They live in WA, I live in PA. Once I told her I would be shipping from PA, she changed her mind. I guess Vistaprint will be faster?

So happy its Thursday!! Almost the weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sierra I know we have the same date and believe me if I had my invites done and printed I would be DYING to address them!! I'm so anxious to put them together. Although then I would constantly be staring at them waiting to mail them....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't have anything to do today. Rather, I don't have anything I want to do today. I still haven't heard anything back about the job I interviewed for last Monday. I have another interview tomorrow for a job that I am only sorta excited about. Aunt Flo is here so I am just feeling super blah. I should be excited because my first post on the national wedding blog went up today, but I'm just out of it. Gah!

Apple, Sierra -- I'm very much a "can we just get it DONE?" planner as well. FI keeps telling me that I will change my mind if I decide too far in advance, but once it's decided, it gets a check, and we move on. Trying to ensure my summer is not a stressful, hectic mess.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:45b13b1f-bbd3-4a09-a7c2-c0801cbde7a3Post:597c8447-1057-44db-963b-dcdd53468ef8">Re: Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I should be excited because my first post on the national wedding blog went up today, but I'm just out of it. Gah!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Congrats Pickle! What's your posting name?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I really want to get my invites done but I'm waiting on FI to get the rest of the addresses. I plan on sending them out next week. My sister is doing the writing because my handwriting is TERRIBLE!
  • Good morning ladies!

I've been home this morning, so I was able to clean the kitchen and watch a couple of hours of lecture. (I totally slacked off on my lectures last week, because I had a paper due in another course. So I have like 10 hours to watch this week, blah!)

Our guest list has crept back up to 90 again, after the big purge to get it back down below 80. Ultimately as long as we stay under 100 we're fine, but I'm trying to save $$.

I also realized that I calculating our centerpieces, I was totally forgetting out sweetheart table, LOL! Kinda like how I forgot to add us to the first catering list. At least I'm an attentive host to my guests!

• So, just got some news and I can't share with anyone else... but i need some advice.

FI was offered his dream job last night. But the catch is, its in a city 3+ hours away. We're having a really hard time with this, because I would have to completely walk away from my practice and start over. I've spent the last 7+ years building my private practice and in the last 3 months have gotten to a really great place in my career. I'm also pursuing an additional certification that requires a supervisor, which I have here.

I'm really having a hard time with this, because I don't want to tell FI how upset I am. (He knows anyway) But I also don't want to be the person who is denying him his dream. We're at a point now, where we've decided that it all depends on the $$ offered. And we can't move if his new salary isn't equal to his and mine combined right now. We've also discussed moving to a city in the middle, but that would mean I would have a commute of 45 minutes minimum and he would commute 1.5 hours.

Just needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for letting me vent. :-)

• I think i am just going to start addressing them now, for sure. I dont really know how to put them together tho. I have the invite, reception card, and rsvp card. So, I am kind of lost.

I also have another dilmena that maybe you ladies could help me with. My BM planned to have my shower at my FIs Aunt's barn. Its April 27th. The average temp for that time of year is only 50degrees, and the barn is not heated. I feel like it might be really cold out. A few of my other BMs have been thinking of changing it to an indoor location, but heres the problem...the invites have already been ordered!! My BM paid $30 for them on vistaprint. If they decide to change the location, is it okay for me to give my BM the $30 she spent on them back to her?

Pickl...congrats on the post!! How can I find it to read?

Angel...congrats on FI getting his dream job, but I am so sorry you are in this difficult situation. I really dont have any advice. Sorry. But, I am sure you guys will work it out and make a decision that is best for both of you. Keep us updated.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:45b13b1f-bbd3-4a09-a7c2-c0801cbde7a3Post:597c8447-1057-44db-963b-dcdd53468ef8">Re: Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have anything to do today. Rather, I don't have anything I want to do today. I still haven't heard anything back about the job I interviewed for last Monday. I have another interview tomorrow for a job that I am only sorta excited about. Aunt Flo is here so I am just feeling super blah. I should be excited because my first post on the national wedding blog went up today, but I'm just out of it. Gah! Apple, Sierra -- <strong>I'm very much a "can we just get it DONE?" planner as well. FI keeps telling me that I will change my mind if I decide too far in advance, but once it's decided, it gets a check, and we move on. Trying to ensure my summer is not a stressful, hectic mess.</strong>
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

This is what I did. when we picked invites forever ago, I just didn't look at invites again. I still love them.
    but I do I just want it done. I am ready for the fun part. I am not a huge fan of planning lol
    that sounds bad..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Angel. I totally feel your frustration. My FI has a great job that is just nonmobile and I have had a hell of a time trying to find a job here. All the while I am getting emails about jobs in my field in other cities and calls from recruiters who seem incredulous when I tell them that I am only looking in a specific city. Ugh so frustrating.
  • Good Morning! 
    I have a day off today! Yay. I was supposed to have yesterday off, but I got called in. I'm just doing some cleaning around the apartment and trying to pick out some save the dates and colors. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Sierra--I am using baker's twine to tie the invite, insert card, rsvp card and envelope all together like a little package before stuffing it in the outside envelope. Maybe something like that would work for you? My friend who designs invites for a living usually buys these portforlio type things that the pieces fit into but I felt it would be too formal for our wedding which is why im using the twine. Bakers twine is m uch thinning than regular twine so it won't make the envelope lumpy either.

Angel--I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I guess you will just have to wait and see what the salary is and work it out together. Sorry I'm not much help :(  I admire you for being so ambitious about your career. Also, when you mentioned counting you and FI for the catereer I had to laugh out loud because I don't think I considered that either!! Good thing we are awhile away from getting numbers.

pickl--I am the exact same way. Summer is always so busy with things to do I don't want to be stuck inside making centerpieces while everyone else is out at a bbq. I went to talk to a florist earlier this month (7 mths before the wedding) and they told me to come back in May at the earliest and she looked like I was crazy for wanting to pick out flowers now. Now I'm actually thinking about making them, so they just lost some business on that one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thursday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:45b13b1f-bbd3-4a09-a7c2-c0801cbde7a3Post:93cac0e2-4cc4-488f-82f8-f156a7974e7c">Re: Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sierra--I am using baker's twine to tie the invite, insert card, rsvp card and envelope all together like a little package before stuffing it in the outside envelope. Maybe something like that would work for you? My friend who designs invites for a living usually buys these portforlio type things that the pieces fit into but I felt it would be too formal for our wedding which is why im using the twine. Bakers twine is m uch thinning than regular twine so it won't make the envelope lumpy either. Angel--I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I guess you will just have to wait and see what the salary is and work it out together. Sorry I'm not much help :(  I admire you for being so ambitious about your career. Also, when you mentioned counting you and FI for the catereer I had to laugh out loud because I don't think I considered that either!! Good thing we are awhile away from getting numbers. pickl--I am the exact same way. Summer is always so busy with things to do I don't want to be stuck inside making centerpieces while everyone else is out at a bbq.<strong> I went to talk to a florist earlier this month (7 mths before the wedding) and they told me to come back in May at the earliest and she looked like I was crazy for wanting to pick out flowers now. Now I'm actually thinking about making them, so they just lost some business on that one.</strong>
    Posted by rel1988[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This happened to me too! What is the big deal about just holding a date?!

</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Angel, Sierra... I'm not trying to AW, but since you asked... :)

Ok, maybe I am trying to AW.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Angel -- congrats to your FI! But I'm sorry you have to make such a tough decision. I don't have many words of wisdom. If it were me I would be breaking out the pros and cons list...

Sierra -- your shower situation depends on the people, IMO. If they are not the type to be offended by you voicing your opinion, tell them what you think and help with replacing the invites. If that's not an option, what about renting some outdoor heaters to use in the barn? You never know, we could get an early heatwave in April!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My boss actually suggested renting some heaters. I think its a great idea. I am going to run it past my girls.

All the other boards are going crazy today! I think Ive seen like 4 OPs that were deleted because they didnt like their responses. Too much for me. Ill stay over here in my little SB corner with all the calm ladies :]

This is random but noteworthy I guess. I work in a small insurance company. There is only 3 of us. We insure the club I am having my reception at. Today, the owner came in to talk insurance & I took the opportunity to talk wedding with him :] I was mostly just worried because their prices went up almost $2 a plate. Luckily, we get the prices that were in effect when we booked it a year ago. THANK GOODNESS. I thought my FI was going to have a heart attack when I told him how much the total would be with the new prices.

Only 30mins left until I leave work. I have a few errands to run after, but I am so looking forward to being home for the night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think heaters are a good idea too! Man you are on TOP of things! Or should I say your BM's are...I don't think anything shower-related has even been thought of yet for me. Sister/MOH is graduating in May and her and another BM are looking for teaching jobs. One BM is just starting school in March. So excited for all of them! Oh and other BM is a couple months pregnant and since she found out, how dare I talk about anything other than her pregnancy...sorry needed to vent on that one :) 

Yay for locking in prices! $2 a plate makes a HUGE difference!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards