Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

I could really use some advice...

I would like my fiance and I to write our own vows, but when I brought it up to him he seemed nervous and said he wasn't comfortable saying "all that personal stuff" in front of all of our families and friends. He really is a sweet and loving guy, and I know he can write something good because he's done it before. How can I convince him to write something without making him nervous? Should we try to make it funny, write the same things, or what? Please help :(

Re: I could really use some advice...

• Eh. I wouldn't push it if he's not comfortable. It was my idea to write our own and I came to him with it knowing that if he said no, I would drop it and do traditional ones. Luckily he said yes. If you really, really have to do them, I think suggesting writing them together is your best bet.
  • Another option is to write each other a sweet letter and put it in a box with a bottle of wine and open it during a really rough spot in your relationship or open it on your first anniversary, or before you walk down the aisle.

• instead of making him uncomfortable by writing your own vows, why not use the traditional ones at the ceremony and then agree to exchange personal sentiments in cards/notes to each other to share on your honeymoon?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards