Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Question of the day...

What do you consider to be "tacky" at a weddding?  This could get interesting!!!  ;)
Anniversary

Re: Question of the day...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ooh fun! let's see. . . .

Cash bar
    Chicken Dance
    Beligerently drunk uncles hitting on your friends!
  • Options
    rschuckmanrschuckman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Haha, nice!  I agree with all of those things.  I also hate tacky favors.  Granted, I do not expect something from Tiffany's, I think some of the favors just LOOK tacky/cheap.  Food/candy is always good.  What is the best favor you have ever received at a wedding.  I'm a fan of the monogramed cookies and candy bars!

I also think it is very tacky (and inappropriate) when people wear certain types of clothing.  It's a wedding people, a dressy occasion.  Leave the camo, wife beaters, and sneakers, etc. at home!  And ladies, make sure your girls are in check and your dress/skirt covers your derrière!  Every wedding I go to, it never fails, there is always someone who wears something inappropriate. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also personally think Dollar Dances are tacky (unless you're doing it for cultural meaning and significance).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The groom's parents showing up in jeans!  I've actually been to a wedding where that happened.  It was a casual wedding on a farm but everyone was dressed up.  Pretty sad.

Ditto on the favors.  I would rather not get a favor than be forced to walk out of there with something cheap, that I know I'll just toss in the garbage as soon as I get home.
  • Options
    pengo314pengo314 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the YMCA song/dance and others.  That song came out in the '70s....why are we still playing it at weddings??
  • Options
    willandjennawillandjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tacky?? No dessert. The couple cut a small cake for the show of it, but there was zero cake served to the guests...!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

No cake, WHAT???  That's what most the guest look forward to!  That, and an open bar!

Anniversary
  • Options
    willandjennawillandjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know!!! Granted, I understand there are things one might, regretfully, cut out to save costs on a big wedding, but cake ain't one of those things!
  • Options
    afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeans on guests and people just getting wasted and also cheap useless favors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cash bars are tacky! I also also agree on the dollar dance. I do not go to a wedding planning on shelling out cash for anything. Also, weddings where you have to travel a long distance between the ceremony and reception venue (i'm talking an hour or more). Be considerate of your guests and don't make them spend so much time in their cars to celebrate with you.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate it when people don't dress up.  I hope no one shows up to mine wearing 'jeans/going to clean your house on the weekend' clothes.  I also second the super drunk people at weddings...there are always a couple that are wayyyyyyyy to tipsy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The way too drunk comes from the open bar so you're going to have one tacky thing or the other. Lol. I pick tacky cash bar mostly because we can't afford it and only 1/10 of our guests drink at all and we would still have to pay for everyone. If anyone at the wedding thinks it's tacky they are free to leave.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards