North Carolina
Options

My Charlotte Vendor Reviews

Venue - The Palisades Country Club (Charlotte, NC near Lake Wylie)

We got married at the beautiful Palisades CC and the catering director (Jessica) and the CC staff did a phenomenal job. Jessica is very detail oriented and worked with any request we had. Their chef, Matt is fantastic as well and ALL of our guests RAVED about the food. He is willing to work with you to come up with the best menu possible for the wedding that YOU want. On our wedding day, we got word that it was going to storm at the exact moment our outside wedding was going to take place. Jessica was running around in order to put our Plan B into place (which was to have our wedding inside in our reception space.) I was so worried about how it was going to turn out but Jessica did a wonderful job and words can't express how much she helped us out! One of my vendors even tried to rip us off and Jessica talked to them. Thanks to Jessica we didn't have to pay for the extra fee. My Grade A+

DJ - Split Second Sound (Vinny Esposito) Stallings, NC
Within 5 minutes of meeting Vinny we knew that we wanted him as our DJ. He is the owner and in our first meeting we did not have to ask him a single question. In his spiel he answered every single question I had. He is great at giving suggestions to making your wedding unique and fun. He even coordinated our ceremony as well. He offers many services (from music for ceremony, to lighting, and monogram gobo light on dance floor, to even a Frank Sinatra or Billy Joel singer during cocktail hour). As I stated before, my outside ceremony got rained out, well I thought it was sweet of Vinny to talk to me and reassure me that everything is going smoothly despite the weather. The reception turned out fantastic and I absolutely love his personality. He defintely gets the party going. All of our friends didn't sit down for a second...He makes sure that you get what you paid for. He is not a DJ that's going to sit back and do what an Ipod can do, he puts his all into his work. My grade A+

Photographer - Whitney Photography & Video- Charlotte, NC
Ben and Kisha are creative, and they must be fantastic considering how unphotogenic my husband and I usually are. I fell in love with the work they do from our first meeting. They did a great job with our album.
You can look at some of our pics at www.whitneyphoto.com. You can go to their blog and go to July 13th, which show our wedding pics! My grade A

Cake Baker- The Icing and the Cake - Mooresville, NC
Their cake was wonderful and actually not a bad price! I was priced by other bakers much more. I even felt that our design at The Icing and the cake had more details than what the other bakers priced us at. They also could do the Groom's cake we wanted, whereas other bakers told us they couldn't. They have a variety if flavors to choose from and if a flavor is not on the list you could probably ask for it. Both of my cake flavors was not on the list and our cake turned out fantastic. We got many compliments on how good our cake was. After the wedding we took the rest of our cake home and froze it. Came back from our honeymoon and our cake was still great! My grade B+ (because the delivery person knocked over our groom's cake and of course they reimbursed us)

Flower - Carolyn Shephard Design Group - Charlotte, NC
I absolutely love the design Carolyn Shepard helped me come up with for the wedding. Our flowers looked fantastic and she even helps come up with flowers that compliment your dress and personal style as well. She's been in the business for a while and is very knowledgable about flowers. My favorite was the head table having a tall arrangement and the guest table having small arrangements. It definitely made our table stand out. My got alot of compliments on our design as well. The only down side is after the wedding our mothers told us that their corsages fell apart BEFORE the wedding. My grade B+

Invitations - The Green Kangaroo - Cary, NC
Their pocket invitations were the cheapest I've seen. I looked at many stationary vendors and every pocket invitation I saw came to way over $1,000 for 160. My grade A+

Bridesmaids Dresses - Impressions Bridal and Prom - Concord/Kannapolis, NC
The dresses were beautiful and came in on perfect time. They even ordered a shawl for my sister with the swatch from the dress, since my sister has tattoos. I'm glad they told us the company could make one, because we struggled finding a shawl. My grade A

Tuxedos - New York Bride and Groom - Charlotte, NC
The tuxedos were so nice looking. We actually started with Penguins Tuxedo (who went under) and their clients went to NY Bride & Groom. This transition I think was a little confusing. Also, my husband's step-father got thewrong tuxedo. He was supposed to get the same tuxedo as the other fathers, but he got the groomsmen tuxedo. Therefore, My grade B

I got my dress in Ohio at Catan's Fashions. I give them a C- for their horrendous customer service. 

Re: My Charlotte Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards