New York-Hudson Valley

Kick-ass bands!

Hi ladies,

I am helping a friend plan her wedding and I'm hoping that she can learn from my mistakes, namely hiring a useless DJ :( I now know that music is the single most impotant factor in throwing a great party (as least in my humble opinion) which is why I am coming to you for recommendations for a band that will keep everyone on the dancefloor and can play everything from Elvis to Madonna to Frank Sinatra to Kings of Leon to Beyonce...you get the pictuure! And this is a bit random, but if you happen to know of any bands that can do the aforementioned PLUS play traditional Scottish/Celtic music, well that would be just swell! A longshot, I know...

Hope you can help!

Re: Kick-ass bands!

• Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The band we had at our wedding was amazing and played a ton of music! You are very nice to help your friend. There is nothing worse than a bad DJ (that stinks that you had one!). Our band was Soul Revival. They have showcases pretty frequently so your friend could see them live too. www.soulrevivalband.com HTH! Rose
  • wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Soul System., very good but probably pricey.  Band leader was drummer for Skid Row.  Also, Dr. Mudd, great band.  They play locally and are extremely affordable but I don't think they have done many weddings.  Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011

We loved our band www.thetouchpage.com and highly recommend them.  I know Eileen Fogarty and the Very Best does a lot of Irish music.  We saw them at a bar in Nyack and they were pretty good and they do a lot of weddings. 

• edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks, ladies! I really appreciate your help!
  • MrsHey2BeMrsHey2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know the local band the mellilo brothers are from Ossining NY they are great know them personally they cover everyone check them out they perform all the time maybe you can catch a show. Contact me via inbox message if you want more info. I have phone numbers etc. They are inexpensive also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards