Military Brides

Invitation wording-Help!

So my husband and I got married in a courthouse right before I deployed. Our plan has been to have a vow renewal ceremony around our 1 year anniversary. It is getting close to the time to send out our invitations and I have no idea how to word it. I want to mention that we are already married, the date we were married, and that we now want to have a formal vow renewal ceremony with a reception to follow to celebrate with family and friends. Any suggestions for wording on invitations would be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks!

Re: Invitation wording-Help!

• The pleasure of your company (honor of your presence in a church) is requested

at the reaffirmation (vow renewal) ceremony of

Mr. and Mrs. Chris Earle Jones

Saturday, the fifth of April

at five o’clock

Beautiful Park

500 Park Place

Anytown, New York

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_invitation-wording-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a9cadd5d-d9ef-4706-87e6-88baec339ed3Post:0d79aece-e725-4e15-bbed-7bf1df78f2bb">Invitation wording-Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my husband and I got married in a courthouse right before I deployed. Our plan has been to have a vow renewal ceremony around our 1 year anniversary. It is getting close to the time to send out our invitations and I have no idea how to word it. I want to mention that we are already married, the date we were married, and that we now want to have a formal vow renewal ceremony with a reception to follow to celebrate with family and friends. Any suggestions for wording on invitations would be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks!
    Posted by TawneeHayden10[/QUOTE]

Hmm... if you wanted to do something cutesy rather than formal, you could do a poem type thing:

Your love and friendship have
    helped us become who we are. <p>Together with our parents,
    we invite you to share our joy
    and support our love,
    as we reaffirm the vows we first took on September 1st, 2011</p><p>and celebrate our marriage.</p> <p>Jane Dow
    and
    John Dow</p> <p>Sunday 23rd August 2012 at 2 o'clock
    The Ashes, Endon, Staffordshire</p> <p>A celebration with dinner, drinks
    and dancing will follow. </p>

Anniversary

• The honor of your presence 
    is requested at
    the reaffirmation of the wedding vows of
    Sharon and Martin Jones
    Saturday, March 25 etc.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.