Pre-wedding Parties

XP: MOH/B-Party Drama

I'm hoping you ladies may have some insight/advice for me regarding the recent issues with my MOH.

My MOH is my cousin, and due to some personal issues she has gone through in the past year (I asked her to be my MOH over a year ago - my own fault, I should've waited to choose until closer to the wedding) she has changed into a bit of a different person and we haven't been spending as much time together.

Recently, her and my FI got into an argument on FB over political stuff, and I sided with FI when she brought me into the middle of it.  Now she won't talk to me, and I am unsure of what to do about my bachelorette party.  Back before she got remarried (probably in late October, early November), she suggested we go to Chicago for the party, and created an event on FB and I started inviting people (she made me a host so I could invite my friends since she doesn't know many of them).  The people that accepted have started saving money, and with the party scheduled for St. Patrick's Day weekend, transportation and lodging really need to be booked ASAP.

What should I do?  Call and ask where the planning is?  I just think it sounds rude to say, "hey, I know we haven't talked much lately and you and FI are on the outs, but where is the B-Party planning at?"  Or should I start telling those that accepted that it's possible the trip won't happen?  I don't want to cut her out of my life because she's family.
May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: MOH/B-Party Drama

• edited January 2013
    You have two major problems, here.

1. Your relationship with your cousin is at stake. Forget about the wedding stuff. Let her know you would like to mend your relationship. Sadly, political intolerance is epidemic right now. So you and your cousin should agree to never discuss politics with each other.

2. The bride should not host her own bp or shower. I understand this was done in order to facilitate communication with your friends. It's still wrong. You should've given your cousin a list of people you wanted to include and a way for her to get in touch with them. By making yourself a host, you have created an awkward situation.

IF your friends ask, tell them that as far as you know, there are no firm plans for your bp. Then you'll have to wait and see if your friends work out a plan.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards