Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

How many is too many?

A friend of mine is getting married. She is having 12 girls, 12 guys, 2 flower girl and 4 ring bearers. Insane!

Re: How many is too many?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's good for the girls involved, especially for splitting the cost of the shower and bachelorette!I guess it depends on how many sisters, cousins, SIL's, and friends you have.  I had 1 sister and 6 best girlfriends.  Who knows, if I had 2-3 more sisters, I might have had a 10 person bridal party too.I kinda think 10 is a lot, so 12 is pushing it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as they are all people who she considers close to her, I don't see a problem with it. If she is just asking people in the excitement of wedding planning, she may regret it. As Jewels said, having that many people will help with the cost of the shower and other things.  On the other side, having that many people will also increase the chances for drama.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First thing I thought when I read it was holyshit. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's a lot.  I think it also depends on how big your wedding is--if you are only having 100 guests, half the guest list is in the wedding party!  I guess I view being in the wedding party as an honor for only the closest friends and family, so we only have four BM and four GM--we may up it to five each, but since our wedding will be about 100-120 guests, I think even five is pushing it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Feif. I didn't want any more then 5 BM and I have 4 plus a FG.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think "holyshit" was exactly what I said. Way too many in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that is a bit much. My SIL had 8BM, 4JBM, 2 FG, and 2 friends posing as wedding planners (who really didn't do a good job-- who forgets to order the flowers until the day of the wedding and doesn't bring the music to the ceremony?).I think I might be underestimating the number of bridesmaids though-- I was one of them as an afterthought, but the whole parade of blue dresses is a bit of a blur now.  :)
  • Options
    dnldjttdnldjtt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    she took all of mine. LOL.  i am just having my MOH(my sister), Best Man(his best friend), FG and Ring Bearer.   that's it.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My daughter was in a wedding with 15 BMs, 15 GM, and a gaggle of FGs! How many is too many?
    L'isle Sur la Sorgue, Provence

• Options
    Butterlies126Butterlies126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having 7 BM 1 JBM 7 GM 1 JGM 1 FG and 2RB for a wedding of about 150.... i agree that it depends on the wedding size :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI was in a wedding with 12 on each side.  I think that is a lot.  I think it also depends on the number of guests at the wedding. 
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI has good friends from HS, a group from college, and is VERY close to his brother/my brothers/his cousins... If he asked everyone he was close to, his WP would be like 15.....He decided not to include his college friends because they are from all over the country, and probably just want to relax after a 7 hour red eye plane ride. If you have a large large family you are all close with, how do you only ask 2 of the 6 sisters, or 3 of the 5 cousins? It's all situational. If I had cousins I was close to, and more sisters, or if FI had sisters, my bridal party would be much bigger then it is... however he has no sisters, and I only have one... so it kept numbers down. Instead of focusing on numbers, it should really be who you are close with, who you want by your side...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a lot.  I have my best friend being my MOH, along with two close friends as BM's.  My FH is doing the same.  So a total of 8 in front of about 100 guests.  I agree it all depends on the size of the wedding but hey, to each his own!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards